Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Kyle!!!

I can't believe my 1st baby is twenty today....the big 2-0.  How can this be?  Wasn't it just yesterday he was trotting off to kindergarten?  Playing pee-wee football?  Playing football?  Graduating high school?  Going off to college...oh wait.

That would be two years ago.

How time flies.....

I can still see him at age 18 months, chasing my 6 year old cousin around my grandmother's townhouse, yelling at him for singing the wrong Barney lyrics.

Billy:  "I hate you, you hate me, let's tie Barney to a tree...."

Kyle:  "No, no!  I wove 'ou, 'ou wove me, we're a happy family....!"


Age 5:  "I can walk up to my classroom by myself, Mommy!"

Age 10:  "Check out my bruises!  I'm one mean tackling machine!"

Age 14:  "But WHY does it have to be X?  Why can't it be R?  And WHY do I have to show my work when I already know the answer?"

Age 18:  "I got into Purdue!"

Age 19:  "Mom, I've joined a fraternity..."


Welcome to your twenties, Kyle....and next year, you can go to karaoke with your mama!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Kyle. They grow up too quick.

Molly Daniels said...

Yes, they do!