Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Life as a Red Vest (Ghost), Week #36

Day 164:
Went in at 10, but didn't get my vest on and up front until ten minutes later.  Was sent to Lumber to cover a Code 3, and then sent to LG, to cover a break.  Returned up front for 5 mins, then sent on my break.  When I returned, was sent back to LG, where I stayed until lunch.  Went to Subway, and at 3pm, returned up front until nearly 5.  Was sent on my final break, then spent the remainder of the day in LG.

Tried to involve everyone in a spontaneous 'YMCA' that was on the radio, but Brandon G was not amused, and had me hop on a register.  Customer was sooo paranoid about not touching the keypad, he used a plastic bag to key in his PIN, and to approve the amount.  Then, he tried to tap the pad with his hand shoved in his sleeve, which didn't work.....I tapped the pad and handed his receipt, which he took with his BARE HANDS.  People amaze me...

Returned items to Lumber, Tools, Paint, and Electrical, then took out the trash and took off my vest at 7:30.  All day it felt as if I was pulling myself through the day by my hair.  I was THAT exhausted!

Outfit:  Yellow plaid shirt, black V-neck shirt, Zirconian earrings.

Day 165:
Spent the entire day up front.  A storm had hit Wed night, and had done considerable damage everywhere....Mel said that by 9am, we were completely sold out of chain saws, generators, and propane.  Our internet went out, but we never lost power.  Rivet HS lost part of its 3rd floor, and a tree branch had landed on K's abandoned truck out back.  Plus, the front window of the Green House was blown out.

I helped Desiree clean the front end, then wiped down all tables and chairs in the break and training rooms, plus took out all the trash.  Clocked out around 8:30.  Saw Jeff Cardinal AND both my kids came in.  Taco was a huge hit with everyone:)

Outfit:  Black V-neck, black/white plaid shirt, sapphire and diamond hoops

Day 166:  "Comedy of Errors"
Looking back, I really should have stayed home today....arrived, was sent to LG to relieve Elijah for lunch.  Customer A, no problems.  Customer B, scanner quit.  Hopped over to 21, and a half hour later, the credit card machine refused to work.  Had to send 10 customers inside while Desiree worked on it, since 22 wouldn't work, and neither did 19.  Finally got it working, then when E arrived, I went back inside.  Mgr T was going to put me at self-checkout, then changed her mind and sent me back outside.  Went to lunch at 3:15, then went to Lumber until 5:30.  Spent the remainder of my shift up front, then cleaned the front end like yesterday, then moved to the back.  Discovered I'd not been paid for last week, so had to call HR.  Guess we'll get it straightened out Monday.

On a good note, I'm back in the system, so was able to clock in and out:)

Outfit:  Black/gray long-sleeve tee, gray sweatshirt, diamond and gold dangly hoops.

Tomorrow, we head north to finish Mom's house, then the store is CLOSED on Easter Sunday.

No comments: