Monday, April 27, 2020

Life As A Red Vest, Week 39

Day 176:
I left around 3 to go in, after playing unsuccessful Phone Tag with Tasha, who had called while I was in the shower, about putting me on the schedule.  I walked in during an extremely busy moment, so after noting that the front end was full, walked down to Lumber and hopped on Reg 2, where I spent the remainder of the shift.

T called me before she left, asking if I'd come in at 10 on Tues, and she'd train me on the 'due file'.  So there goes my plan to work 5 hours each day....

Overall, it was a good evening.  We were steady, not slammed, and last customer left at 7:10.  With two of us in Lumber, the closing duties were finished by 8pm.

Outfit:  Gray V-neck tunic, thick silver hoops.

Day 177:  Due File 'Police'
Spent all day in the office, doing paperwork on the computer:)  Spent the 1st hour observing Desiree before she had me doing it, and gently coaching when I had to call the customer.  Tasha and I took turns calling for a while, then she basically left me on my own.  Did okay, then went to lunch at 2.  When I returned at 3, I had trouble logging in, then Des explained I had to change my PW.  Only made 3 mistakes between 3-6....I got confused on one order that we had plenty in stock, yet told the customer someone would call him when it was in....then after I hung up, smacked my head...'duh!'  Two other orders I accidentally printed off.  Tasha fixed one; I have to double-check the other one tomorrow.

The first time I had to call the Pro desk, Todd asked why Security was calling....so I said, "This is the Due File Police, and I have a question concerning some orders placed by you."  We both got a good laugh out of it!  Cathy was a great help whenever Todd or Kim were busy:)

Clocked out at 6....I can hardly believe how fast the day flew by, and I don't even feel tired!  I return tomorrow at 11:30 and Des will *remind* me how to change the pick up dates on everything.

Outfit:  Blue 'sparkle' shirt, large diamonique stud earrings.

Day 178:
Clocked in at 11:30, and had to have Mel show me how to log in, then had Des show me how to change the pick up date.  Scott came in and talked to me, reassured me I was doing a good job, and the mistakes of yesterday were 'fixable', so no worries.

Was amazed when I was finished with all 17 pages before 3pm; the afternoon simply flew by!  I'd turned on YouTube from my phone and worked steadily.

Mel told me when I was finished, to relieve Pam for lunch in Lumber, then go to lunch at 4, then bundle up and head to LG until close.  So I did....and froze in Lumber, then went to Fazolli's for lunch (Ultimate Fettucini), then relieved Aliscia in LG.

After we closed, I did the front end pop count, and we clocked out around 8:30.  Work again this weekend, so taking Th-F off!

Outfit:  Red v-neck long sleeved shirt, Smart Women tee, light blue zirconian earrings.

Day 179:  Happy Birthday David!  May 2nd
Went in at 12:30 and discovered the front line backed up all the way to the service desk....and the parking lot FULL!  Checked the flow chart and was thrilled to find myself in Lumber.  Clocked in and went down, and hopped on Reg 3 to help take some of the burden off 1 and 2.  Two hours later, we had the line more manageable, so Devin left #2.  I hopped over, and we were steady until I went to lunch at 5.  Krissy came down and sent both Jasmine and I to lunch (Marci left at 3).  I went to McD's and relaxed in the break room.  Returned at 6:10, and customers really cleared out around 7:30.  Managed to get my closing duties done (trash, sweeping) by 9, then sanitized the counters, computers, etc, and the carts.  At 9:20, went to the break room and we all clocked out a few minutes later.

Outfit:   Black lace tee, dark capris, sea horse earrings.  It was in the 80s!  Supposed to be back in the 60s tomorrow....ugh.

Day 180:  Happy 29th Anniversary!
Woke up in time to eat scrambled eggs with goat cheese, and even drink 2 cups of coffee.  Clocked in; went to Lumber.  Things went smoothly; not slammed like previously.  Went to lunch at 4:15; D, S, and A brought me parm-garlic wings from BW3.  Went to get a sweet tea from McD's....A) water with a hint of tea; B) unsweet tea; C) finally correct!  Ate dinner in the parking lot.  Accidentally left my phone in the truck, so when the family brought it back, I sent my lunchbox with them.

Mgr Tasha said she was going to give me some closing hours this week, and maybe even fix the 8-5 schedule next week.....she's in need of closers.

Marci did the pop count while I handled customers, and when she left at 6, Brea came down for an hour.  I started on closing duties, and when Mel called at 7:30 to tell me to sanitize between customers, I'd already done the countertops and plexiglass around the Pro area!  Was finished with my closing duties at 8, but had to wait until Ian brought in the forklift.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Sugar Cookie tee, copper/larimar earrings.

No comments: