Monday, April 20, 2020

Life As A Red Vest: Week #38


Day 172:
Today was another record-setting day!  Started out in Lumber, but was moved to LG at 10:30.  We were slammed, but it was also Reunion Day!  Saw and old friend, BG; a bunch of people from church; and the weather was amazing!  Went to lunch at 2, and though the crowd slowed in the afternoon, we were still steady.  HC Cindy called me at 6 to tell me to take my break when Elijah returned....but something happened and the computer malfunctioned.  Called for C to come, or call....finally ended up paging for a Code 99.  Ian came down, but wasn't authorized to help me.  Cindy finally arrived and it took half an hour to fix the problem, and we had to rescan every item 3 times.  I finally went to break at 6:45, then decided to exercise my right to leave on time!  Was home in time for dinner:)

Outfit:  Brown/red gauzy shirt; double-heart earrings.

Day 173:
Began my day in Lumber, then was up front for a few mins before being sent to LG.  Was out there for an hour, then sent inside.  Took my break, then was up front, then Lumber, and outside again before being sent on Lunch.  Went to Subway:)

After lunch, was up front for a while, then sent back to Lumber, then outside again.  So was all over the place, lol!  Ended my day inside, and wiped down the entire front end before doing the break and training rooms.  Then, was asked to go sweep Lumber.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Tomorrow, S and I head to Lafayette, in order to take care of Mom's taxes and move some of her stuff to storage.

Two crazy things happened:  1) I was in LG and a woman wearing a mask came in, wanting to know where ("mumble mumble") was.  I came around the counter and she backed off, and repeated her question.  I still couldn't understand her, so I got Nancy's attention and asked her to help the woman.  Nancy approached and the woman exclaims, "I don't want to get to close to anyone..."   I was thinking to myself, "Then why the HELL are you HERE?"

2)  I was inside on Reg 10, and the pinpad doesn't work....you insert or swipe your card and run it as credit by pushing the green circle.  Woman comes up and panics...."because it's a debit card!"  I explain.  "But it's a debit card..."  Again, I tell her what to do.  "But...okay...."  I just wanted to scream at her to put the damn thing in the machine!

Outfit:  Black/white long-sleeved tee, copper hoop earrings.

Day 174:
Worked a split shift today.  Went in at 10 and worked in LG until 1:30, when I had to leave to come home for my teleconference with the Wound Care Center.  Things went fairly well, and steady, with plenty of customers buying discounted plants (grrr.....).  After my appointment, I went to McD's for some food, and clocked back in at 4:44.  Went back to LG, and stayed there until 6, when I went inside to help cover the front.  People were still checking out by 7:20!  My only incident today was when I tried to use the family bathroom....I opened the door, heard water running, but *assumed* it was just the faucet.  I turned to lock the door and I hear, "Hello ma'am..."  and realize there's a guy using the toilet!  I threw back the lock, opened the door, and bolted out!

Tomorrow, Scott's going to train me on the phone for the 'due list', whatever that is.  I'm to go in at 12:30.  Also got all my back pay for the week I'd not been paid:)

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, black long-sleeved shirt.  Scott said it was because of my shirt, he was craving bananas, ha ha!

Day 175:
Ordered McAllister's before going in; clocked in at 12:45 and found Scott busy.  I hopped on Reg 10 to help with the crowd, and at 1:30, he shut me down and took me to the office.  Tasha explained what I needed to do; Scott came in and tried to switch it up; she argued back and offered to do it instead.  So I went back out on the floor, and at 3, went to Lumber, where I stayed the rest of the shift.  When I returned from lunch, Chris said the scanner quit working as soon as I left.  Tasha came down, took out the battery, replaced it, and voila!  I only had to key in one cartload:)

Cleaned the counters, computers, and plexiglass, took out the trash, swept the floor, and filled the cooler.  Clocked out at 8:30.

No comments: