Monday, August 3, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #53

Day 237:  Short Week!
Made it to my writer's meeting this morning, but kept getting interrupted by phone calls (confirming dr appts, a call to K-12 to see if the documents arrived).  Arrived at work to find Jill on #2, so I hung around and helped out, then did the AP4Me, and found our broom.  J went to lunch at 2, so it was Kem and I.  I did the pop count, and went to break at 2:30, then from 3-4 it was J and M 'happy hour', as we joked around.  I went to lunch (Wendy's) from 4-5, then it was 'happy hour' until 6, when J took her break, then I took mine, and she left at 7.  From 7-9, I rang up customers and did my closing duties.

Found out the boss was on a firing spree....Aliscia got sacked a few days ago, and today was Cory and Lane, both for attendance issues.  I'm thrilled Scott's already said they like me; otherwise, I'd be slightly worried, but then again, I've only called in twice, though I've been slightly late a few times last month.

Outfit:  Gold tee, new capris

Day 238:  
Did something to my shoulder; slept on it wrong or something, so was in pain all day.  Fortunately, things were nice and steady, with one exception of the 3-4:00 hour.  Gigi came down to help out, and left too soon, but we managed.  Reg #2 is deteriorating, and needs replaced.  I went to lunch at Hardees, and Jill had already turned in the pop count and emptied the trash.  Started the rest of my closing duties around 7, and had to switch to Reg #2 around 8, due to being out of dollar bills.

Talked to Mgr T about my schedule next week; she's going to put me on for Sun-Mon-Tues.

Outfit:  Classy tee, new capris.  Off tomorrow!!

Day 239:
Nice, low-key day at work!  Things were slow until 6; thankfully Marci came down at 3 to help out and stayed until all customers handled around 6:10.  I ate lunch at McD's, and took my final break at 6:50.  Had all closing duties finished by 8:30.

Mgr T pissed me off; I was CLEANING and my mask was on the counter.  She asked where my mask was, and why I didn't have it on.

"There's no one down here, so I took it off."

"It's a fireable offense if you don't put it on."

So I complied.

But funnily enough....at the end of the night, the ONLY staff member with her mask on was T!  I guess the CV 'magically disappears' after we close???  

*eye roll*

T does know how to take a hint....as I was walking out, I told her to call me if she put me on the schedule.....she asked if I wanted to come in at 10....I said or 4....she asked if I wanted to close, and work noon-8.....I said yes, or even 4-8.....she told me to come in at 4:)

There was a woman wearing a 'Don't make me put my foot down' tee.....I unzipped my vest and showed her mine, saying 'I like your shirt!"

Outfit:  Flamingo tee, dark capris

Day 240:  
Walked in at 4; wasn't on the flow chart.  Was sent down to lumber to cover Marci's break (and to deliver the books I'd left at home...oops!), but she'd already taken one, so covered Jill's break.  Then went down to LG to cover Brea's break, but she'd already gone, and they weren't busy.  Chatted with Rachel for a few until customers showed up, then went back inside. 

Helped Toni figure out the lawn chute product, then went back to lumber and did my annual safety training.  Did the pop count and pulled the soda, then Marci left at 6.  I rang up customers while J filled the cooler, then I returned the ones we didn't need, since J decided she wasn't going to put all of it.

She left at 7, so I did closing duties and rang up a handful of customers until we closed.  Had to take my trash to the compactor, since Logan took the bin out through the back and forgot about mine.

Sara arrived around 5:30 with M's books, which also thrilled Jacob, lol!

Outfit:  Blue/black dress shirt, dark capris.

I'm not on the flow chart for tomorrow, but I'm going to show up around 4 to see if they need me.


No comments: