Monday, August 10, 2020

Life In Lumber Week #54

 Day 241:  Another Short Week/Making My Own Hours??

*We're going on vacation either Thurs or Fri, so M-T and maybe W I'm going in at 4, to see if they need me, and to get a few hours so I'll get a paycheck on the 28th.*

Tried to go to the BMV, but they were closed.  So went home and got on the online chat....and as I did, Mgr T texted me.

"Did you know you were on the schedule?"

"No, I did NOT!  I'll be in asap."

I arrived at 2:30, and promptly did the AP4Me after a while, plus took over for Jill when she went on her break.  Kem left at 3, and we had a bit of a rush from 3:30-4.  At 4:30, they sent me to lunch, so walked over to McAllister's for a salad.  J left at 5, so when I returned to lumber, I first swept in between customers, then gathered the trash and filled the soda cooler.  Had to ask Aggie for a pit stop at 7, then Brea came down at 8 to give me my break. Sanitized everything....was actually in the middle of it when B called down to ask if "my crap was done'.  After I wiped everything down and sprayed the carts, I called back...."Tell A my crap is finished!"

After we closed, I took my trash down and returned 7 items before taking off my vest.  Went back up front and everyone had left!  Mgr Brandon let me out.

It also began looking ominous outside at 8:10, and began raining around 8:30.  But by the time I clocked out, it had quit.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, dark capris

Day 242:  Regular Hours

Arrived and was fairly bored from 12:30-3.  We were slow, so did the pop count and worked on the Bridge story.  Took my break at 2:30, and when Kem left, had a few customers.  When Audrey relieved me for lunch, I had an entire line, so didn't get away until 4:15.  I'd brought a salad and sandwich, and even took a ten minute nap.  From 5-close, we were fairly steady.  Still managed to get the closing duties finished, and we all clocked out around 9:30.

Did have one customer who inserted her card, punched in her PIN, then pulled out the hand sanitizer.  She didn't want to touch the pad, so I hit the print button, then handed her the receipt, which she took.  *eye roll*

Outfit:  Rebel tee, dark capris

Day 243:  Short Shift!

Shift went well!  Didn't have time to fix lunch, but Desiree had bought a Lil' Caesar's sausage pizza she couldn't finish, and left it for whomever.....I ate the rest and thanked her!  Discovered I'd forgotten to clock out for lunch, and fixed it at the end.  Nice, slow steady shift.  Only issue was, had customers still in the store at 9:15!

I'm officially on vacation until the 25th!  Whoot!

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, dark capris

No comments: