Monday, November 2, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #65

 Day 289:

Arrived; Matt was on #2, so I hopped on #1 and rang up a customer.  M came over and told me the touch pad on the CC machine was acting up, and sure enough, my 2nd customer had a hard time getting the thing to print out her receipt.  After maybe 5 mins, it finally cooperated, and I moved to #2 for the rest of the night.  

Had to call for 2 overrides...discounted carpet and the 50% off AMS tool belts.

Went on break at 6:30 and did my Lowes U and started the AP4Me, but D arrived with my lunchable.  Ate it at the register.  Bagged trash and did my closing duties.  Didn't have any customers from 8pm to close, except for one at the last minute.

Outfit:  Blue thermal top, darker jeggings, SW mask


Day 290:  Election Day

Shift went well:)  Things were hectic at the start; #1 was still acting up, so was on #2 all night.  Was able to get the pop count done before 6, then discovered I was out of dollar bills.  Called Mel down....turnes out they were under the cash box!  Went to break at 6:25, and when I returned, rang up maybe 10 customers for the next 90 mins.  Thoroughly swept the floor, then put away the soda.  Sanitized the plexiglass and just realized I only wiped down the Pro and #1 counters.  Oops....oh well, I'll do them 1st tomorrow!

Drove Matthew home, due to his ride being a no-show.  Gassed up the van for $2.09 at Hucks on 6th st.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid cotton shirt, black long-sleeved tee, dark jeggings, SW mask.

Election Results:


Day 291: Quiet Shift

Arrived to find Reg #1 working, and was fairly steady the first 2 hours.  Brea did my pop count, then brought the cart down at 7 when she relieved me for break.  After break, I gathered the trash and began cleaning everything.  My dustmop was back, so ran it over the floor, then went back and deep-cleaned under the Pro mats.  Sanitized all the counters.....and #1's pin pad rebelled.  After the 2nd customer, I logged into Charlie's register and rang up one more customer.

Outfit:  Blue sparkle tee, darker jeggings, SW mask.


Day 292: Drama....

Arrived; Brea told me #1 was still finnicky, but I didn't have any issues with it (didn't clean the pad, either, ha ha!).  Was steady for an hour, then swept the floor, did the pop count, and consolidated the trash.  Went to break at 6:35, then when I returned, helped Casey ring up Larry West, then gathered the trash, rang up a few customers, and sanitized everything. 

While I was sanitizing, a couple came down with shingles, and he asked about where he could find a manager.  I knew Scott and Tasha were up front, so while I rang her up, he walked up front.  Then I offered to call, and Scott said he'd be down in a few minutes.  He apparently got held up, for 15 mins went by and he didn't show.  They told me the issue (he felt disrespected by S at the Return desk), then got tired of waiting and said he was going to go home and call Corporate.  Just as they drove away, I saw Scott approach.  Told him what they had told me.  Then Tasha came down and said she had just arrived to speak to him up front when he'd left the area.  Later, Zach told me that all S had said was, 'A thank you would be nice...'  Apparently he took it the wrong way???  Anyway, he had no issues with me, or C my loader....just management and S tonight.

Also discovered the schedule's out for the week of T-day; I'm off the 20th, but have to work the 21st and 22nd!  WTH....I'll be gone that weekend!  Have to decide if I'm going to try to switch with someone (I'm off the 23rd-24th), or just call in those days.

Outfit:  Black/white striped tee, darker jeggings, HP mask


Day 293: Busy Day!

Arrived to discover #1 was acting up, so spent entire shift on #2. Was busy for 90 mins, then consolidated the trash, swept the floor, did the soda count, and gathered the paperwork.  Matt relieved me at 6:40, and when I returned, I was busy for the remainder of the shift.  Didn't get a chance to sanitize anything.  Jacob took the trash down around 8:30.

Outfit:  Blue Colts jersey, faded jeggings, HP mask


No comments: