Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #68

 Day 299:  Day Before Thanksgiving

Arrived; Matt was happy to see me.  Met the new lumber associate/loader James.  Was fairly busy until 6, then did the pop count and consolidated the trash and swept.  Matt relieved me at 6:40 for break; when I returned I gathered the trash and was fairly busy until 8:15.  Did the closing duties and checked out 3 customers.  Mel showed me how to print the journal for the end of my shift this weekend, since we're having a gift card contest.  Think it's mainly for the front end; there aren't any GCs plastered all over the lumber registers.  Winner of each day gets at $15 Grub Hub GC; highest sales at the end of Sun earns a $25 Papa John's GC.

Outfit:  Red turtleneck, faded jeggings, HP mask


Day 300:  Black Friday

Arrived at 12:30 and hopped on #2, then was steady all the way til 4, when it was my turn for lunch.  Discovered Jimmy Johns was catered in, so enjoyed a ham and cheese and relaxed and read for an hour.  Was steady again until 7, then slowed way down.  Was able to get closing duties finished and clocked out at 9:15.

When I arrived, Cam asked me why I was there so early.  Replied, "It's Black Friday and my child has no school."

Received disturbing phone call:  CS asked if I'd shorted anyone $100 in change; a customer had complained.  Said no; the most I'd given back as change had been $82!

Outfit:  Red Santa shirt, faded jeggings, Monet/HP mask (had to switch at lunch)


Day 301:  Small Business Saturday

Walked into a zoo!  Hopped on #3 for an hour, then moved to #2.  Was steady all the way til 4, and even got pop count done.  Went to lunch at 4:30 at Subway, and was steady until 7:30.  Had zero customers until 8:45, then had three in a row.  Was able to get closing duties done, even though my back was killing me.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Sugar cookie tee, faded jeggings, blue hooded Cabela's sweatshirt, Monet mask


Day 302:

Back was still sore.  Went in at 11:30 and things were steady until 3:30.  Got pop count done, and hung out with Jill.  Went to lunch at McAllisters. 

Slowed waaay down upon return, and had all closing duties finished by 7:30.

Outfit:  Brown gauze shirt. faded jeggings, blue hooded Cabela's sweatshirt, HP mask

No comments: