Monday, December 14, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #71

 Day 311:

Arrived; was steady for 45 minutes.  Gathered paperwork, consolidated trash, and located a broom/dustpan.  Brea came down and did the pop count, plus she helped me with that stupid LU power equipment test. Went to break at 6:40, and afterward, I gathered the trash and did my AP4Me.  Began closing duties at 8, and locked the doors at 9.  Clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Thick white sweater, dark jeggings, HP mask


Day 312:

Arrived and hopped on #2, since Jillian was having an issue with a customer's purchase.  Rang up 3 customers, then was able to hop back on #1.  Was busy for 30 mins, then collected paperwork, consolidated trash, and swept the floor.  Had another 'rush' around 6, and it was nearly 7:30 before I realized I'd not had my break yet.  J relieved me, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  We had zero customers after 8:45.

Loader K had a semi-meltdown with a turtle; he was frustrated b/c he was not only covering Lumber, but Tools and Plumbing, and customers were being demanding.  Took his frustration out on a screaming turtle; ended up breaking it.  K 1, turtle 0.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, dark jeggings, HP mask.


Day 313: 

Arrived; things were steady for an hour.  Did pop count; gathered paperwork and trash.  Alexa relieved me at 6:45 for break, and when I returned, swept the floor and rang up the occasional customer.  Had one customer bring up a special order shower; had to call Brandon W to help locate the item #.  Sanitized everything, then got a call from Jamie and spoke to her for a half an hour while I locked the doors and took the trash to the hopper.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Had one customer explain the benefits of wearing a mask over one's nose.  As if I cared....*eye roll*

Discussed my Fri issue with Aggie; she thinks there will be enough people to cover me.  I *might* PM Tasha to see if there's anything she can do.....I'm willing to come in and work 12-6?!?!?

Outfit:  Teal green leafy tee, dark jeggings, HP mask; boots.


Day 314:

Brought in cookies (oatmeal-raisin, M&M, chocolate chip) and everyone raved about 'em.  Kerrie even wants to PAY me to make a dozen for her.  Phwah....I'll do it for free.  Shift was slow.  Went to break at 6:20; had everything done by 8:30.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Began shift in HP mask, then inhaled something which set off the asthma, and switched to the Monet mask.  Just realized I think I left the inhaler in my vest pocket.  Oops....

Outfit:  Red santa shirt, dark jeggings, HP/Monet mask.

No comments: