Thursday, December 3, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #69

 Day 303:

Arrived; discovered they were putting on a new roof right over our area.  Very hard to hear.  Was hectic the first hour, then slowed.  Took break at 6:50.  Nearly had all the closing duties finished when at 8:30, received phone call; D is bleeding somewhere and needs me to come home.  So clocked out at 8:40 and went home.

(Turned out to be a minor scratch, and the bleeding had stopped by the time I arrived home.)

Also did my Lowes U and AP4Me.

Outfit:  Red blouse, white vest, faded jeggings, dress boots (bad idea; my toes were making themselves known by 6!), Monet mask


Day 304:

Arrived; things were already slowed down.  Was doing closing duties by 6:30.  At 8:45, Scott came down and informed me of a huge mistake....I'd let a customer get his doors from behind the counter.....only.....they weren't his.  Was afraid he was going to fire me, but he didn't.  Just expressed his disappointment in me.

Did my LU after clocking in.

Took back the returns from yesterday and clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Blue Whitehorse sweatshirt, faded jeggings, Monet mask.


Day 305:

Arrived; hopped on #2 to help get the line down, then Jillian needed help finding the rebar code, so we swapped registers.  Was steady for an hour, then swept the floor.  Had an issue finding a customer's LAR account, so had to call for a Code 3, since the guy was on both cell phones, trying to find the correct info.

Bearded Matt relieved me at 6:50 for my break, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  Was fairly steady until 8:30, and had to call HC A down for help with a pick ticket.  Also rented two insulation machines.

A came down to clean me out, just as a final customer approached.  She finished cleaning out the register, then rang him up, since he was paying by card.

Had to wait for Kyle to return with the hopper, but was told he was helping unload a truck, and to go on.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Blue Colts jersey, black long-sleeved shirt, faded jeggings, HP mask.

No comments: