Monday, December 28, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #73

 Day 319:

Arrived; rang up customers, did pop count, gathered paperwork and consolidated trash.  At 6pm, a CFH arrived, 1st wanting me to see if someone could bring up a sink.  I called back; they were swamped.  So rang up her range hood.  Then since she couldn't get her app to load, I pulled up mine and searched faucets for her.  She took my phone and scrolled while I rang up the next customer in line, and Hannah arrived.  She told me to go do my cart test and take my break.  CFH wasn't happy to give my phone back, but she did, and told H 'she's YOUR problem now.'  

Aced my cart test, then took my break!  Returned to find H swamped, so hopped on #2, where I ended up staying until nearly 7.  Got back on #1 and crowd died down.  Swept the floors, did the Lowe's U and AP4Me, then began sanitizing and pulled the trash.  Only had maybe 4 customers from 8-9pm and locked the doors after last customer at 9.

Outfit:  Brown sweater, new jeggings, tool mask

Day 320:

Brought 5 doz choc chip cookies in, and the first two hours, rang up customers, did the pop count,  gathered paperwork, consolidated trash, and swept the floor. Went to break at 7:30, and when I returned, had a rush and didn't start closing duties until nearly 8:30.  Had one customer tell me he had 3 12' boards cut into 8', and wanted the 8' price, as well as 3 4' price.  Told him I couldn't do that, but his funds were low, so went ahead and knocked one down to $6 instead of $7.  Sanitized everything, and locked the doors at 9.  

Saw Chris H and told him I wasn't happy with him about the door issue over Thanksgiving; he said he'd realized they weren't his and brought 'em back.  Told him I forgave him!

Outfit:  Brown shirt, white long-sleeved tee, new jeggings, tool mask.

Day 321:

Went in early to retrieve my cookie tote, then did the LU.  Was swamped from 5-6, then did pop count and early closing duties.  By 7, I pulled the trash, and took my break at 7:30.  Came back; rang up 2 customers and then sanitized everything.  Had maybe 10 customers for 40 mins, then at 8:45, three groups of people walked in the door and all were in the checkout lane ten minutes later.  Literally locked the doors behind the final customers.

Was sleeting when I left; nearly fell down as I exited the store!

Outfit:  Maroon plaid, white tank, new jeggings, tool mask

Day 322:  New Year's Eve, 2-6pm

Took in a dozen frosted sugar cookies to Lumber, and they were well received!  Was fairly steady for the 1st hour, with Gigi, and after she left, I did the soda count and collected paperwork and trash.  Then was slammed until 5:50, when I needed a pit stop, and asked loader K to cover for me.  Returned and had maybe ten more in line, and finally locked the doors at 6:15!  Took the trash down, and tucked the soda count in my pocket, as we weren't doing it.  That way, I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

Only needed one o/r, for a cull pack.

Outfit:  Black/white nice shirt, black foundation layer shirt, black jeggings, snow boots.  I didn't want another near-mishap like last night! Also wore my Monet mask.

Day 323:  Happy New Year!  2-6pm

Thought I was in for a nice, easy shift, but that only lasted 15 mins.  Was slammed for an hour, then had time to do half the soda count and consolidate the trash before the next wave hit.  Mel sent me to break at 4:30, then was slammed until closing.  The $600 stimulus checks hit, so 'let's go spend it!'  I'm sorry; I have better plans for mine than to spend it at a home-improvement center!  I'm going to get rid of two medical bills and put that monthly $200 back into my budget:)

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe turtleneck, new jeggings, new elephant mask.

                         Happy New Year!!!  

*Here's hoping 2021 is better than 2020, and we can get rid of these damn masks!!!*

No comments: