Monday, December 21, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #72

 Day 315:

Shift was off to a good start!  I was even early, and relieved bearded Matt.  Rang up customers, did pop count, collected paperwork and consolidated trash.  Met new lumber associate D. Went to break at 7:15; returned and all hell broke loose.  Customer A had 3 carts totaling $1550, including 2 cans of discounted paint.  Left them for later, as I knew I'd need an o/r.  Halfway through, I spotted Scott, so called him over for the o/r.  Customer paid and went on his way. Customer B had four countertops which could not be found.  Had to call Devin (who was our HC-in-traning) down for help AND for an o/r.  Customer paid and went on their way. Customer C had 2 carts, and wanted to pay by check.  Well, she's unfamiliar with our banking system, and had her deposit slips in her checkbook.  Tried to pay with temp check, but we don't take those.  Ended up invoicing her items and she'll pick them up tomorrow.

Missed seeing the Christmas Star, but three FB friends had pics!!!

Outfit:  Red santa shirt with fancy sleeves; faded jeggings, SW mask.


Day 316:

Arrived early and did my AP4Me; then began shift.  Things went very well tonight; only needed one o/r; had everything accomplished by 7 with the exception of sanitizing.  Jillian relieved me for break at 7:40, and she filled the bags for me.  Sanitized everything and final customer left at 8:50.

Were given new shirts, hats (I declined), masks, and D rings:)

Outfit:  Snowflake shirt, faded jeggings, SW/tool masks.


Day 317: 

Was asked to come in early, since Bearded Matt had called in.  I was in the middle of making cookies, but turned everything over to W and made it by 3:15.  Shift went well; only had two complicated orders, and two customers left product in the bags.  Oops....Matt T relieved me at 6 for lunch, and when I returned, he took the pop count to the front.  Was slow; I had everything swept and sanitized by 8:30.

Missed out on the Great $2 Ice Scraper Rush...maybe they'll get more in??

Took more cookies in; they were all gone by 9:15.

Outfit:  Santa pyramid shirt, faded jeggings, tool mask.


Day 318:  X-mas Eve, 2-6:30

Had taken cookies in around 11, and the 1st layer was nearly gone by the time I hit the break room!  When I arrived at 2, discovered that only the evening shift's schedule had been adjusted; I'd be working with my least favorite cashier for an hour.  It wasn't that bad; we got along for 20-30 mins, then ran out of conversational topics, which was good, since we had a bit of a rush at 2:40!  One minute, we're twiddling our thumbs and eating Wally's pig-in-a-blankets, and the next there's five people in each line!

After G left, things slowed down and did the pop count, and gathered paperwork and consolidated trash.  Matt relieved me at 4 for my break, and when I returned, we didn't have hardly anyone.  Began the closing duties and joking about maybe getting to go home early.  But at 5, the floodgates opened, and we were swamped from 5:30 til 6.  Mgr T had to repeat the 'we are closed' announcement TWICE after 6pm!  Clocked out around 6:20.

Needed two o/r:  One for discounted tile, the other for discounted paint.  Plus, ran out of 5s and 1s.

Outfit:  While X-mas sweater, faded jeggings, tool mask.

                  

                               Merry Christmas!!!


No comments: