Monday, December 7, 2020

Life In Lumber, Week #70

 Day 306:

Went in early, to get a few presents with my 20% discount. Clocked in, did the LU, then headed down to lumber, where Kyle and Olivia teased me about being late.  Was fairly steady until 6:30, but did get the pop count finished.  Matthew relieved me at 6:45, and not only finished putting away the soda, but swept up.  Had time to do the AP4Me, then was steady until 8:30, when I sanitized everything.  Clocked out around 9:15.

Outfit:  Red hooded sweater, new jeggings, HP mask

Day 307:

Arrived; did my LU. Relieved Jillian, who had already done the pop count.  Was slightly busy until 6, when I began sweeping.  Matt relieved me at 6:55; after I returned, discovered that HC MK, and Cashiers Olivia and Cameron had been fired, due to absences.  Was busy until 8, when began sanitizing everything.  Had one customer pay me $500 in $20 bills, with the final $100 in a mix of $20s, $10s, and ones.  Wanted to yell, 'Have you never heard of a credit card?' *gnashes teeth*

HC C came down to clean me out at 8:59; I locked the doors and gave Kyle the trash.  C and I headed up front, then noticed two men in the center aisle.  I informed them we were closing; they needed a piece of foam insulation, so showed 'em where it was, then trailed them back to the front.  Dropped off nails at Hardware, then went on my merry way to the break room.  Clocked out around 9:15.

Outfit:  Blue palm tree sweatshirt, new jeggings, HP mask, blue knitted sleeveless gloves (it was cold!)

Day 308:

Shift began with a tough LU; only scored 1/5, ugh.  Was so late, Jill paged me as I was coming out of the bathroom.  Turns out she's been diagnosed with breast cancer, so will add her to prayer list.  No idea when she'll return to work; depends on her surgery and treatment.  Did the pop count, only to be told we weren't doing it.  Swept the floor and rang up customers until Matt relieved me at 6:50.  After break, I pulled trash and worked on my Christmas to-do list, then began sanitizing everything at 8:15.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Amanda G showed up with my PZ prize:)

Outfit:  Gray quarter-sleeved sweatshirt, new jeggings, Monet mask.  Temp was warmer.

Day 309:

Arrived early and bought some GCs for family members, plus the touchless sanitizer thingy for next year's shows, should this madness continue.  Had another tough LU; only got 1/3.  Shift was fairly steady; was able to get floor swept and everything ready for the 8pm sanitizing by 6:50.  Came back from break and watched the new cleaning lady 'sanitize' the counters in about 2 minutes.  At 8:30, I cleaned 'em more thoroughly!

HC A came down and cleaned me out at 9, then I helped Kyle bring in the carts before tossing my trash into the hopper and putting up my vest.  Clocked out around 9:20.

Outfit:  Snowflake shirt, new jeggings, Monet mask.  Temp was 65 degrees today!

Day 310:

Logged into LU with ten minutes to spare, and was stumped with a 6-question quiz that I could not pass, even though I tried 3 times!  Finally gave up when I realized it was already 5 and I needed to get my butt down to Lumber.  Took over for Brenda and for the next 45 minutes, was swarmed.  Needed 3 o/r immediately, plus was renting out an insulation machine.  Finally things settled down; I did the pop count and noted which snack items were low.  Swept the floor and consolidated the trash.

Took my break at 6:30, then was alternately steady and slow until 8.  Sanitized everything and took my time, then locked the doors at 9.  Aggie cleaned me out; took the trash down, returned a pipe fitting, and hung up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Colts jersey, black long-sleeved tee, new jeggings, HP mask.

No comments: