Monday, February 1, 2021

Life in Lumber: Week #78

 Day 346: The Day My Mask Tried To Kill Me

Arrived; discovered an announcement from Mgr T saying we needed to get our surveys up; our LPPs up; and hand-vs-scan up.  Bleh.  Was steady until 5, then got pop count done and prelim duties.  Went to lunch at 6, and when I returned, Gracie was having an issue with the printer for a check.  Shut it off for a minute, then G logged off and I logged in.  Re-scanned her items, then everything went smoothly.  Got everything swept; pulled trash; and sanitized everything except the plexiglass, due to no window cleaner.

Inhaled a string or something after 5; coughed, choked, and for a moment thought I was going to throw up.  Took off mask and put on the paper one and breathed better.

Also, every time I tried to get my lumber associate's attention, they appeared to ignore me.  Come to find out, they hadn't heard the page, and Mgr BW has a new number.

When HC C cleaned me out, took down the trash, then accompanied her to the front.

Outfit:  Red snowflake sweater, dark jeggings, blue mask/LU mask


Day 347:

Arrived, and discovered Seth W in line (BSA and HS friend of K's)!  We chatted while Matt rang him up, then I took over.  Half an hour later, the scanner quit, even though I tried to reboot it several times.  Hopped over to #2 until 6:15, when M came down and sent me to lunch.  He turned on #1 and everything cooperated.  When I returned, I started the closing duties.  Around 8, I needed a pit stop, so M came down again.  While I was gone, D, W, and A arrived, and watched me work until close.  A and W ran carts, then A helped me sanitize everything.

My next-to-last customers was a group of Mennonite/Amish, who all paid separately.  Had to figure out what M had rung up and what was still needed.  Finally straightened everything out!

Had two customers that didn't want their change for a total of $.23.

HC Cindy cleaned me out, then I took down the trash and put my vest up. I'm off Wed, due to a dr. appt., and there's a remote chance I'll be late on Thurs, due to my mom's chair being delivered at 10 am, then taking her couch to storage, and D wanting his eyes checked at Eye Mart in TH.

Outfit:  White V-neck tunic, dark jeggings, HP mask


Broke my arm in a freak accident 2/3/2021:  Climbed out of bed to wake up my tingling foot and fell to the floor, breaking my left arm just below the shoulder.  Am expected to be out for 6-8 weeks.  Plus, tested positive for Covid, ugh, meaning D wasn't allowed to stay with me.



No comments: