Thursday, March 25, 2021

Life As A One-Armed Lumber Queen, Year 2, week 4

 Day 366:

Confused?  I wanted to see how long before I worked 365 days.  Since this is my official 2nd year, I'm not counting these as 'days' until I reach my true anniversary of March 31st.

First of all, an update:  I took off Monday for a follow up on my arm, and called in Tues, since I was able to take my mom to the beauty shop:)  

Arrived; was fairly steady the first half hour, and did the pop count and prelim duties. Did my LU and the APFM. then began sweeping.  Alexa relieved me at 6, and when I returned, did my RWD lesson plan.  In the middle of it, I saw a person wearing a blue camo hoodie carrying something and walking very fast out the door, and set off the alarm.  After silencing the alarm, I casually strolled out to see where s/he went....and NO SIGN of the person!  Went back to my lesson.

Was very busy between 7 and 8:30, then sanitized the plexiglass, counters, and stations.  At one point, I was ringing up one customer while marking a 2nd's receipt for return items.  Also rang up the wrong code for the outside cement blocks, so had to send her up to CS to refund.

Locked the doors and helped bring in carts, then Gavin took my trash down while I gathered my return items:  3 to plumbing, one to hardware, and two more to garden.  Aggie cleaned out my register and gave me a bunny rabbit pin for the Easter season.  Did my returns, put up my vest, and clocked out at 9:40.

Outfit:  Blue sparkle shirt, new jeggings, elephant mask.


Day 367:

Began my shift by forgetting both my keys and my phone...then going into JC for lunchables....only to remember once inside the store that I'd forgotten my lunchbox!  Oops....

Anyhoo, arrived and bought a Snickers, then found out Marci was there for an hour:)  We caught up, Gary showed up and hugged me, then I hopped over to #1 when she was done.  I'd also done the pop count.  Things got better after that; I managed to get the prelim duties done, and Alexa came down to relieve me at 6:15, and brought cupcakes from HC A:)  I took a chocolate one to the break room.  

When I returned, I had the little bunny ring on my pinky finger, then gave it to a little girl who admired it.  Managed to do ALL the closing duties, since it was raining, and things had slowed down.

We also had some drama; when I got there, both HC A and C were watching a child who had run out the door and into the parking lot.  Come to find out, the boy, his four siblings, and Mom were buying flooring, and at one point, Mom left her kids 'in B's care' so she could shop some more!  WTH???  They came down to Lumber at one point and one kid nearly ran out the door.  I steered him back into the store and tried to return him to Mom, but she was already heading over.

Outfit:  Blue waffle-knit shirt, new jeggings, black mask.


Day 368:

Was thrilled to work with Marci again, but after fifteen mins, my lunch backfired and I needed a few minutes in the restroom!  When I returned, I did the pop count and rang up customers, plus collected carts.  M left at 5 and I did the prelim duties.  Was fairly steady until Jill relieved me at 6:30, and when I returned, I started spot-sweeping and collecting trash.  At 7:30, the 'zoo' arrived....was busy all the way up till closing!  Saw C/ Hall, whom I'd given S's card to. Helped the guys run carts, then took the trash down and clocked out around 9:30.

Outfit:  Maroon plaid, red tank, dark jeggings, black mask  


No comments: