Monday, August 16, 2021

Life In Lumber: Y3, W 20

 Day 83:  $11,419

Arrived; relieved Kyra and was fairly steady until 7.  Ate a bag of Cheese Its, and teased Paul A about buying me a Snickers.  It was nearly 6; told him not to worry; they were about to send me to lunch.  Little did I know it would be another 90 minutes!  Lee brought my pop down and at 7:20 I finally clocked out for lunch.  Afterward, swept, pulled trash, and rang up more customers.  HC A cleaned me out; Loader B took the trash; I locked the doors and headed for my locker.

K tested positive for CV....but J and B are negative.  Whoot!

Outfit:  Yoda shirt, cut off capris, Monet mask.


Day 84:  $11, 274

Arrived, and was immediately busy.  Needed an o/r when Darryl T arrived with several discounted items.  Tried to ring up another customer on Charlie's register, but he needed to pay cash.  Finally someone told me to try logging off, then logging off #1 then signing back in; it would pop up.  It did!

Also learned two people called in; both Loaders J and B are out with CV; as I was walking in, EJ told me she was headed out for a CV test. Yikes....SO, before D and C left at 5, I took a pit stop and grabbed my lunch box.  Ate my lunch at 6, and didn't bother with the pop count.  HC A sent me to lunch at 7, and when I returned, finished the closing duties.  My dust mop is MIA, so spot-swept.  Sanitized all counters and registers, and when HC A cleaned out my register, locked the doors, took down the trash, and returned one item to Aisle 14.

I'm headed back to the State Fair tomorrow through Friday, then I have 2 days off!  Also, finally got an answer to the 'do we get paid for another 2 weeks if we test positive?'  Answer:  ONLY if we catch it from a co-worker.

S and A tested negative today....whoot!

Outfit:  Tools tee, cut off capris, Monet mask.

No comments: