Saturday, August 21, 2021

Life In Lumber: Y3, W21

 Day 85:   $2,524 (Rare Sat)

Mgr T texted me yesterday, asking if I could come in for a few hours, but I was at the State Fair.  Told her I'd come in today at 5, even though I was scheduled off.  Turned out they didn't need me after all, but it meant Alexa could rearrange the Monster cooler and we got all our closing duties finished early.

Loader J behaved childish; ignoring me and giving me the cold shoulder. *eye roll*  Hope he gets over himself soon; this upcoming week is going to be awkward, if he closes with me.

Outfit:  Classy tee, original capris, blue tools mask.


Day 86:  $6,836

Arrived; gave Kim, Charlie, and Mel their deep-fried cookie dough.  Hopped on #2 to help K with the line, then took over #1.  Was busy until 4, then did the prelim duties and soda count.  Things slowed down by 5, so started spot-sweeping.  Bill relieved me at 5:30, and when I returned, did my LU and AP4Me before beginning the closing duties.  Needed one o/r; a couple bought a display and it was marked down 20%.  Then at the end, another couple bought the 50 lb concrete, then noticed it rang up $3.38, but sign said $3.28.  HC A had to refund/rebill for the incorrect price.  Locked the doors; sent Loader Z to the hopper with the trash, and I went to my locker.  Anyea had already taken my returns to the appropriate departments.

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe tee, original capris, white tools mask.


Day 87:  $10,349

Arrived and discovered we had a new trainee, Melissa.  She shadowed me for an hour before her shift was over, then I did the prelim duties and soda count. Discovered Bob retired today.  Shift was rather quiet; no o/r or any problems.  Had a rush the last 5 mins; 3 customers.  Went to lunch at 6, and when I returned, did my LU.  Lee came down with her trash; I gave her mine, but still had to wait for Loader Z with the hopper.  Had a rush at 7, but it was handled smoothly.

Outfit:  Black Alaskan Highway tee, original capris, Monet mask


Day 88:  6,929

Began my day by having a horrible nightmare about ringing up a woman who put everything into small bags and packing them so tightly....it was like the Mary Poppins tote bag.  I just couldn't find the bottom of the bag....then forgot what I'd already rung up!

Arrived and found a Pro vest to fit me!  Took over for Jill; Kem's eye operation was delayed until tomorrow (she has a sty that won't go away).  Shift was nice and steady; I was able to write a page or two on the WIP, in addition to doing my LU and prelim duties.  Went to lunch at 6, then began closing duties around 7.  Discovered Mgr T was passed up for the promotion she deserved; I expressed my sympathies. HC C came down and told me T and S wanted to talk to me; turned out to be the final paperwork on my arm.  Whew....I wasn't in trouble! Sanitized and got the trash ready for Loader C, who took it to the hopper.

Outfit:  Red tools tee, original capris, Monet mask


Day 89:  $8,911

Took over for Matthew, who seemed happy to give it up; shift was steady.  Did pop count and prelim duties while still trying to find a replacement for Sept 4th.  Finally HC M came down and printed out the schedule; there is virtually NO ONE to cover for me that day.  So I'm reluctantly giving up my hopes, and just accepting I'll have to work that day.

Went to lunch at 6, then began closing duties.  Saw BWG; made my day:)  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Rebel tee, original capris, elephant mask


Day 90:  $14,422

Arrived; Kem was swamped, so hopped on #2 to help get the line down.  Ended up being busy all day, with very little downtime.  Went to lunch at 6, and when I returned, things slowed down a bit, so spot-swept and collected the trash.  Sanitized the counters, but that's it.  Locked the doors at 9, and clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, cut off capris, elephant mask


Day 91:   $6706

Began my shift uncertainly, b/c I'd been blindsided by an intestinal issue just as I was about to leave for work.  It only returned briefly around 2:30, and again during my lunch at Subway, so everything was okay.  Today was one of those days when everyone was there, and we had more workers than customers.  At one point, Anyea came down to give Marci her break, then was told to go to CS and do returns.  She tries to hop on the register, but I pointed out I was already there, so she could just go do her returns (she's not used to our system and has to have the cheat sheet).  She got the message and left...but then Lee came down to also give M her break!  We laughed about it later; M needs 2 people to replace her!  I ran carts, rang up people on Charlie's register when necessary, and stood around and BS'd or bagged for C or M.  M went to lunch at 3, then I went at 4.  After lunch, I did the pop count, and prelim duties, plus chatted with M until she left at 8.  Sanitized the registers, pulled the trash, and rang up a few stragglers, then HC A cleaned me out; Loader J took the trash; I locked the doors.  When he returned, I closed the big door and headed to the back.  Clocked out at 9:10.

Outfit:  Blue Aquarium tee, original capris, elephant mask


Day 92:  $10,674

Arrived and discovered it was just going to be me and Cindy.  Was fairly slow until C went to lunch at 1; then was slammed!  Lee had to come down to help me for 40 minutes before it calmed down.  I went to lunch at 3 (McA's) and when I returned, we were steady all the way til 6, when C left.  I moved over to #1 and did pop count and closing duties.  Things slowed waaaay down at 7:30, and at 8, locked the doors.  HC M had already taken my trash, so after she cleaned me out, all I had to do was put up my vest.

Ended up taking 3 breaks; one at 12:30, one at 5:50, and another at 6:45!

Outfit:  Black and tan blouse, original capris, starry night mask.

No comments: