Monday, August 9, 2021

Life In Lumber, Y3, W19

 Day 79:  $6501

Arrived and discovered I'd have another trainee with me all shift.  She startled me at first by saying she learns by watching, but she did jump in occasionally and ring up a customer if I was doing soda count or answering a question.  She did fine; just not super open and friendly.

Also discovered Loader R officially quit; I had no loader for the evening.  Tried to talk B or T or even one of the pro's into staying....but no.  When I returned from lunch, Kyle came down.

Had a nice, slow shift...but realized after lunch I'd spent the past 2 hours logged in as Jillian!  Oh well......

HC M took my returns....Anyea came down and got my trash....we ended up clocking out at 9:15 and I took my trainee home.

Outfit:  Vegas tee, cut off capris, elephant mask.


Day 80:  $8,345

Arrived and found yesterday's trainee on a register up front.  Passed out pens, then encountered Steve and gave him his keychain.  Headed down to lumber and discovered Marilyn on #2.  I hopped on 1 and helped with the line, then helped her with a difficult check process. She left and I got on #2 until $5 and $10s arrived, then returned to #1.  HC M came down and said due to the newbie closers, she had to send me to lunch at 4:30.  Marci gave me my break, and after I returned, she went home and picked up my phone, which I'd forgotten. Shift went well; was able to get all my closing duties finished and clocked out around 9:20.  

Found out Noel is taking over for HC E, who's going to Appliances.  I think Jess W is taking over Lumber when Misty leaves next week.  No word on when more loaders will be hired.

Outfit:  Blue floral, original capris, elephant mask.

I'll be at the State Fair Wed-Friday!!!


Day 81:  Rare Saturday $13. 428

Arrived at 3, and was told to send Marilyn down and Cindy home.  Lumber was packed, and C was trying to look up a code.  I went back to Electrical and N told me he'd left out a zero.  Issue solved....customer was rung up, paid, and on his way.  C left, and M said she was off also....I took over, and was fairly steady until 5,  Got the prelim duties out of the way, and HC A said not to worry about the pop count; she still had the sheet from last night.  Went to lunch at 7, and when I returned, we were still busy.  A customer wanted roofing unloaded; they did it themselves when loader J was on break.  Another customer wanted to know if he could get his decking for the same price as Pro C. I told him I wasn't authorized, so he went ahead and paid for 40, and for 40 more to be picked up later.  


Loader picked up the cart, shingles and all, with the forklift; I thought it was funny and snapped the above pic.  Later, he got his knickers in a twist about the pic, but a) he's NOT in it; b) I didn't take it for malicious reasons; and c) don't tell me what I can and cannot post.  I will delete this from my phone.

Anyhoo, had to get an o/r at the end of the shift, and jokingly told the customer I was locking him inside.  After they left and HC A cleaned out my register, I took the trash down and hung up my vest.

Outfit:  Soft tribble tee, cut off capris, starry night mask


Day 82:  Rare Sunday $7,852

Arrived; discovered both Marci and Cindy there:)  For 2 hours, I did absolutely nothing, except reorganize the soda cooler and fill in when necessary. C came back from lunch, then M went.  After M left at 5, we were slammed for about 25 mins, then I got the call to go to lunch.  Came back at 5:55; C left at 6.  I started closing duties, and had everything finished by 7:30. 

Found out a nasty rumor was going around that I'd been fired....jokingly told both C and Kyra that 'they didn't tell ME!" (LOL!).  ASM BW locked the doors at 9 while I waited for B to arrive with the hopper.

Outfit:  Bon Jovi tee, cut off capris, starry night mask.

No comments: