Monday, August 2, 2021

Life In Lumber Y3, W18

Day 75:  $11,450

Had another 'con hangover'....I just didn't give a shit all day.  Arrived and discovered we're back to wearing masks...fun, fun.  Found one in my purse, thankfully, and wore it as little as possible.  Did my LU and AP4Me as soon as I could, plus put in my Sept requests:  7-8; 11; and 24-26th.

Shift was okay.  Didn't ask for credit apps, but did mention the surveys.  No problem customers, thankfully, though I'm fairly certain I accidentally gave away a few items when a bar code malfunctioned, and I didn't go back and ring up the other items.  I didn't feel good, and had to call HC E at 4:30 for a pit stop.  Kyra came down and when I returned, she had a woman who texted 'apply' and was approved...but K was pissed b/c now she 'wasn't getting credit for it'.  Told her to tell Mgr T tomorrow,

Went to lunch at 6, and when I got back, swept and did the closing duties....sort of.  Sanitized the counters and registers, but was out of bleach water, so didn't do the register counters.  Mgr BG ticked me off by drilling holes in the practice area after I'd already swept it.  Gareth helped me sweep it up again.

Returned items to Electrical, plumbing, tools, paint, and hardware before making another pit stop and putting up my vest.

Outfit:  Black lacy tee, original capris, blue plastic mask


Day 76:  $4,000 (approx)

Arrived; 30 mins later, knelt down to scan flooring and a sudden intestinal issue hit.  Called HC E who sent Alexa down to relieve me.  When I returned, a customer tossed two bags of chain on the counter and announced he had to go get a PO #.  A and I switched; customer returned and stopped. 

"Whoa....weren't you BLOND just now?  Or is this some sort of Disney magic?"

I laughed and explained.

An hour later, I felt another urge and asked D to watch my register.  Returned and decided to call HC C and let her know I needed to leave.  Jillian came down; I brought her up to speed on the pop count, then went to the break room and clocked out.  

Turned out to be a good call, since the intestinal issue returned twice more at home.  I was fine by 7 pm.

Outfit:  Gold tee, original capris, blue tools mask


Day 77:  $8749

Arrived; took over and did pop count, plus was busy for an entire hour before things slowed again.  Did prelim duties, and at 5, had to make an emergency pit stop.  Not as bad as yesterday, and was sent to lunch at 6.  Came back and started closing duties. then had to make a return pit stop around 8.  

Found out Misty, Robert, and Adrianna (flooring) all put in their 2 week notices.  M's going to  Farbest, while R and A are moving in with her parents; their landlord says they have to get rid of their Husky, calling it 'agrressive'.

Clocked out at 9:15; Mel loved her autographed picture of the Nanny cast!

Outfit:  Grace and Fire tee, original capris, starry night mask.


Day 78:  $10,794

Arrived; hopped on #2 to help with the line.  Did pop count and prelim duties, then discovered the spreadsheet I'd made of the RB cooler was unnecessary.  Crap.  Okay; fish the old Monster spreadsheets out of the trash and continue to use 'em.  Also discovered the new soda spreadsheet had accidentally removed the Rock Star lines.  Sigh....

Rest of shift went well though.  Clocked out at 9:20 after taking back items to Tools, Plumbing, Electrical, Paint, Hardware, and RTM.

MOA, here I come!

Outfit:  Purdue tee, cut off capris, starry night mask.

No comments: