Monday, April 25, 2022

Life In Lumber, Y4, W9

 Day 38:  $9,173 (and 71 cents)

Arrived and was immediately busy.  Managed to get the soda count done by 7:30, only to be told we probably weren't going to do it.  Things slowed down when I returned from break, but didn't get all the prelim duties done until nearly 9.  Started mucking out the mats at 9:15, and final customer was at 9:45, so told Loader Al and E to go ahead and do the safety pallets and concrete.

Only needed on o/r; a customer had scaffolding that was on sale, and had the pic, but it was the wrong item #.  AL went back and confirmed it WAS the right one, so we changed the price.

Also noshed on snack mix the first 3 hours; I was hungry!  Did my LU and AP4Me around 8:30.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Gray leopard print, new dark jeggings, small gold textured hoops.


Day 39:  $8,933 (and 89 cents)

Went in and asked if they needed me; the answer was yes, since Ryan had called in.  So took over for Em, and was immediately busy, but then tapered off to the point I had to soda count done by 6:15.  Em came down for it and at 7, began putting it away and doing the prelim duties. Went to break at 7:30, and when I came back, swept the place and mucked out the mats.  At 9, sanitized the counters.  Had final customer at 9:45.  Locked the doors, and when HC A cleaned me out, took the trash down and put up my vest.

Only needed one o/r:  Final customer had a discounted door.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Maroon shirt, new dark jeggings, silver fancy cross earrings

Am calling in tomorrow, since I have to go to Lafayette.


Day 40:  $2,647 (and 57 cents)

Arrived and took over for B, rang up two customers, then did soda count.  Had it done by 5:45, then started on prelim duties.  Even had the place swept by 7, and did my LU and checked my schedule.  Re-requested the dates for Superman Celebration weekend and Rainbow. Went to break at 7:45, and when I returned, re-checked trash, then pulled it, and swept the horseshoe. Wrote a little on Frank's story, then at 9 sanitized the counters and registers.  Had final customer at 9:30; brought in our cull cart at 9:50.  Em came down and got my trash, so when HC C cleaned me out, walked her up front and put up my vest.

Mgr G showed me how to recall the cull carts;  333-333-1610.  He asked me, "You've worked here HOW long and you don't know how to do this?  How do you ring them up if there's no sheet?"

I said, "Scan everything and reduce the pre-tax price by 50 or 75%.  No one's showed me how to do it on the new system yet!"

It's now in my notebook....

Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Palm tree sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, silver fancy cross earrings


Day 41:  $7,571 (and 68 cents)

Arrived and saw ASM K at the CS desk, and when I took over for B, saw she was closing.  But she didn't stay in Lumber very long, so it was a peaceful evening!  Had the soda count done by 6, and the prelim duties and LU accomplished by 7.  Swept half the area, then Em relieved me at 7:40. After break, I finished sweeping, then sanitized the counters and registers. Filled the snacks and soda, then brought in two cull carts.  HC J cleaned me out at 9:55, so locked the doors and sent the trash down with Loader K. Waited while he put the safety pallets, then ASM K arrived and said she'd watch the door.  Put up my vest and put away the borrowed dust pan I borrowed from the break room.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Gray v-neck shirt, new faded jeggings, silver fancy cross earrings.


Day 42:  Rare Saturday $14 (roughly)

Was asked to come in, so after I'd had it with the rain and wind at the Wine and Brewfest (around 7:30 pm!), I headed in and clocked in at 8:30.  HC C had me do soda count for all coolers, and I even hopped on a register to ring up one customer.  After filling the coolers, I helped Dawson do the closing duties down in Lumber, and showed him how to ring up a cull pack.  Took trash and RTMs down, and clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  I Like Coffee tee, new faded jeggings, gold hoops.


Day 43:  Rare Sunday $14,803 (and 1 cent)

Arrived; customer says to me, "You spend as much time here as I do."

I replied, "I work here; what's your excuse?"

He laughed and moved on.

I relieved Em and was immediately busy.  Reg #2's pinpad quit, so hopped over to #3 until it was fixed.  Em went to lunch at 1; I was slammed and had to call for a code 3 at one point.  Em returned, and we did manage to move soda over to the Lumber cooler and bring in carts.  I went to lunch at 3:30 (McA's) and when I returned, I price-matched some 2x10s and 2x12s, and discounted some 2x16s to the 2x14 price.  Em left at 6; I started the closing duties and did my LU, as well as my training.  Pulled trash, did the soda count, and started sweeping.  Talked Rob into buying me a candy bar, lol!  Got the soda put away and the counters and registers sanitized.  Took the front end's trash to the hopper.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  White V-neck tunic, new faded jeggings, fancy silver cross earrings.

No comments: