Monday, August 15, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W25

 Day 107:  $5,626 (and 79 cents)

Arrived and immediately began ringing up customers.  Did the soda count and had it finished by 7.  Had an 'oh shit' moment when I told a customer I'd discount the damaged balustreds....then discovered he had 150 of them!  Discovered I could discount them in groups of 10, all the while praying neither HC C nor ASM K would walk around the corner before I was done!  Thankfully, I got through it as fast as I could, then rang up the line as fast as possible.  Went to break at 7:30, and when I returned, was moved to #2, and was able to get the closing duties finished.  Things slowed way down at 9, so after sanitizing the registers and counters, did my AP4Me and LU.  Returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, and Hardware, and took the trash to the hopper.  Clocked out at 10:30.aned

One rather asinine thing happened as I was taking back the returns.  Loader Al was setting the safety pallets when HC C came to clean me out, and I asked her if I needed to stay, and she said no.  So after dropping the plumbing item, ASM K calls to me and asks if C cleaned out my register.  I said yes, then thought, No, I just left EVERYTHING to the mercy of an unlocked and open door.  Geez....

Outfit:  Black lace tee, cut off capris, small flower diamonds.


Day 108:  $5,703 (and 22 cents)

Arrived and noticed only Matt was up front.  Told ASM N I'd report there 1st.  Was busy from 3-4, and found out the credit app screen doesn't like me.  Had to enter everything in 3 times, and it still wouldn't work.  Apologized profusely, but they pushed their cart away and left.  When Brenda and Adriane arrived, I went to Lumber to do the soda count.  Got everything from up front 1st, then went to receiving.  Relieved Bill, and rang up customers and put away the soda. When Em arrived at 6:30, I pulled the trash and finished the Red Bull cooler.  Returned items to Plumbing, Tools, Hardware, and Bathrooms,then clocked out at 7:40.

Outfit:  JHS tee, original capris, copper hoops


Day 109:  $7,347 (and 60 cents)

Was late, due to Meet-the-Teacher Night at Vigo.  Made it in by 6:30 and relieved Marilyn. Did the soda count and rang up customers, and did the closing duties.  Started sweeping at 8, and broke my broom after mucking out the mats.  Sanitized the registers and counters.  Apparently dropped an earring somewhere between clocking out at 10:30 and home.

Outfit:  Journey tee, original capris, copper hoops


Day 110:  $6,495 (and 27 cents)

Began my shift by admiring a baby rat snake which Trin found....its neck was broken, so she was going to take care of it until it passed.  Was busy until 7, but did manage to get the soda count finished.  Went to break, and when I returned, began closing duties.  Juan brought me a new broom, so was able to sweep.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe tee, original capris, small gold hoops


Day 111:  $4,789 (and 17 cents)

Arrived and since everyone was busy and there were already 2 people up front, I decided to fill the front coolers.  Got 'em all done except the RB and #13 cooler before heading down to Lumber, to take over for Bill.  Rang up customers and did soda count, as well as gather the paperwork and consolidated the trash.  Helped one customer apply for and get approved for the LBA.  When Em arrived, I logged out and went to get our soda, even going back to Receiving for some of it.  Filled everything, then clocked out at 7:30.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, original capris, sea horses.


Day 112:  Rare Sunday  $11,505 (and 43 cents)

Arrived and found Em with a long line, so hopped on.  Was busy all the way til she left at 4, then things slowed down.  Did soda count and prelim duties.  Was sent to break at 5:15, and when I returned, was able to delegate the returns (3 containers!) to Berin and Loader E. The floor wasn't too dirty, but still swept up a decent sized pile.  Final customer left at 8:02.  Took trash to hopper as HC C was cleaning out my drawer, and returned two items to Hardware.  Clocked out at 8:30 and chatted with my sis for a few minutes.

Outfit:  Blue dress shirt, original capris, antique Avon pearl danglys.

No comments: