Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Life In Lumber, Y4, W23

 Day 99:  $8,028 (and 43 cents)

Arrived and helped B with the line.  Discovered the power had was out on the left side of the store, and it also affected our lumber doors, the lights for registers 2 and 3, and those coolers.  Did soda count and prelim duties, but was mainly busy ringing up customers!  Jaboni sent me to break at 7:15 and when I came back, rang up customers, did the closing duties (all but sweeping and sanitizing....my dustmop was MIA), and returned items to Millwork, Electrical, Plumbing, Tools, Aisle 10, and Appliances.  Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Red LU, original capris, large Zirconians


Day 100:  $9,113 (and 86 cents)

Today was another unbelievably busy day!  Arrived; Pro J had a customer on #1, so was on #2 for a few mins.  Began soda count, but didn't get it finished until 8pm!  Didn't even pull trash until I came back from lunch at 8!  Did get the place swept; found my broom in the Loader's closet after my break.  Adriane brought me the soda and put it away....just as Mgr G dropped his McA's drink in the Pro area.  So none of the mats were swept or the registers sanitized.  Took the trash down to Receiving, and noticed plenty of large green and white Monsters on the shelf::)  HC C asked me to make a new spreadsheet.  I'll take pics tomorrow and get it dome Friday.

Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Flamingo tee, original capris, gold and diamond hoops.


Day 101:  $4,791 (and 96 cents)

Went in early to do the Great Annual Survey, and when I clocked in, was surprised to find I was clocking in late.  Went to my station and checked my schedule; I was supposed to be there at 3!  Immediately called ASM A and apologized profusely.  B left, and I had the soda count finished by 7.  Went to break at 7:30 and when I returned, did the closing duties.  ASM K only spoke to me a few times, twice to ask if I'd done the survey.  Told her I'd also done my AP4Me. At the end, she told me they were still having issues with people not printing loading tickets.  I assurred her I knew how to print them!  Rang up Mgr G's grinder, then took the trash to Recieving, dropping off items to Plumbing, Tools, Paint, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Found out today was also one of my fave customer's birthday, so when he arrived at the register, I seranaded him with the Chi-Chi's version of Happy Birthday:)

Outfit:  Bon Jovi tee, original capris, gold and diamond hoops

I'm off until Sunday, due to the Watermelon Festival!


Day 102:  Rare Sunday  $14,239 (and 80 cents)

Today was actually an amazing shift!  Arrived at 9 and unlocked the doors, then began ringing up customers and emptying the should-have-been-emptied-the-night-before. Em arrived at 11:30 and sent me to break; took my lumch at 2. Em went to lunch at 3:30; I took my 2nd break at 5, then swept the floor, helped a customer in Tools, and took back top soil to LG and helped a customer find carpet.  Did my LU and clocked out at 6:15.  Had minimal contact with ASM K, who left at 4.  Discovered Juan is back on days, over HW and Tools!

Teased ASM N for the change of shift:  "Andre Dawson is at the brewing company, and y'all scheduled me in her at 9!  I can't even go meet him on my lunch break, because he's only there til 1, and I go to lunch at 2!  Begged Geoff to have someone bring him in for just 5 mins, but no...."

N looked at me.  "I don't even know who that is...."

"Children!  I'm working with CHILDREN!"

LMAO.....

Outfit:  Blue flowered blouse, cut off capris, gold textured hoops.

No comments: