Monday, October 3, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W32

 Day 139:  $7,777 (and 94 cents)

Shift began well.  Was up front for 30 mins, then down in LG until nearly 4. Got to see Jeanna and Baby O, then spent the rest of the evening in Lumber. Needed and o/r, and while waiting, hopped on #2.  ASM K arrived and took care of it, then did my LU on the sly. Went to lunch at McA's from 6:45-7:45, and discovered Kel was on #2...#1 was out of $$. Did my AP4Me and took care of customers, plus fronted the soda and pulled the trash.  At 9, did the sweeping, mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers and counters. Locked the doors at 9:55 and watched the big door while Loader AL set the safety pallets, brought in the concrete, and took the hopper.  Returned items to Millwork and took a pit stop before putting up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit:  JHS tee, gray hooded sweatshirt, faded jeggings, diamond studs


Day 140:  $7,765 (and 58 cents)

Shift began with some fireworks.  CH told me he was 'never coming back' after ASM K refused to mark down his flooring more, and fired off some choice words her way.  Then had a customer begging to buy the unpriced cull cart.  I finally rang it all up and told him the cost before taxes; he said he still wanted it.  Called ASM K; she refused to sell it AND told me I was 'not authorized' to sell the cull carts.  SINCE WHEN???

Then later she came down and said, "Don't ever call me and ask to price something for that particular man. He's a wretched man."  I thought, "and you're a wretched bitch....what's the difference?"

Rest of shift went well.  Got the prelim duties done, the soda fronted, and trash pulled.  Took my break at 8:30, then swept and sanitized, then did my LU.  Had to take a bucked of sealant to RTM, so hauled the trash down to that hopper.  K pissed Loader AL off so bad, he was taking his anger out on the H carts.  Met new associate H.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Blue/white striped tee, gray sweatshirt, faded jeggings, diamond studs.


Day 141:  $9,223 (and 59 cents)

Shift began on a high note, then a customer tried to pay with two gift card (one partial and the other blank), so had to call IT for the 1st time.  Turnes out when HC Ju processed his return, he never received the gift card.  So we cashed it out and refunded it again.  Problem was, he got impartient and left, so now there's a merch card waiting for him at CS.  ASM J's attitude toward me and HC Ju's inability to understand drove me crazy, and was ready to just walk out. But texted CB who said he was fully staffed, and could only guarrantee me 10 hours per week.  I calmed down.

Rest of shift went well.  Did the prelim duties and put away the soda after Em brought it. Went to break at 7:30 and when I returned, started the closing duties.  Swept, pulled trash, sanitized, mucked mats. Clocked out at 10:35/

Also got a 19 cent raise.

Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, gray sweatshirt, faded jeggings, diamond studs.

I'm off until next Tuesday, but my transmition in the van is bad, so unless a miracle happens, I'm staying in town.  Told ASM J I would be available if needed.

No comments: