Monday, October 31, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W36

 Day 153:  $8,664 (and 53 cents)

Arrived and bought two bags of suckers and two bags of candy, since the keys to my brown house are MIA, and I couldn't get to my smarties. Wore my 'Molly Pitcher' outfit, with the spider headband, ala 'Miss Muffet', and put the candy in the 1 qt pitcher I'd taken with me.  Everyone loved it!  Didn't have any issues all night; things went smoothly. Got the prelim duties finished, took my break at 8, and spot-swept.  Loader H took my trash; ASM Brandon brought in the concrete and set the safety pallets; HC J cleaned me out.  Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:25,

Outfit:  Black l/s tee, Rendezvous outfit, black jeggings, silver and pearl earrings, Spider headband


Day 154:  $6,234 (and 85 cents)

Arrived and did the prelim duties; loaded an LAR; needed an o/r on a mis-marked toilet. Fronted all soda, and spot-swept until Loader Kole found the dustmop. Swept the entire area, including the horseshoe. Did my LU and discovered I'd been given my 1st official evaluation:)  All good, and I sent her a PM, thanking her for her kind words. Went to lunch at 8:30, and did the closing duties, then watched the door while Loader K did his final duties.  Clocked out at 10:27.

Outfit:  Gray hooded sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, large zirconian studs.


Day 155:  $4,823 (and 77 cents)

Arrived and took over for B, then was tickled when I discovered SM S was closing!!  Fronted the soda and did the other prelim duties. Spot-swept, did my LU after 6:30, and went to break at 8. Came back; mucked out the mats and sanitized.  Fairly certain my final customer of the night stole two boards from outside.  HC J cleaned me out, then I closed the large door after giving Loader AM my trash, and walked J up to the front. Clocked out at 10:15.

S came down to give me an o/r on a discounted roll of carpet 10 mins after I arrived,

Outfit: Brown 3/4 sleeve blouse, new dark jeggings, sea horses.

Off tomorrow!


Dat 156:  $7,889 (and 58 cents)

Good shift tonight!  Had to switch to #2 after giving someone a roll of quarters due to being out of $10s. The crowd came in after I fronted the soda and did the prelim duties; customer brought down two tools and 2 starter kits (free), but the starter kits didn't drop off.  Fortunately, another associate was on hand to go check it, the ASM M walked by. They handled it while I hopped back on #1 to handle the line (ASM A had brought me $$, but I just didn't have time to hop over yet.  She also had to o/r a discounted tool.) Then things slowed down; got the place spot-swept and the mats mucked; changed all the trash can liners; did my LU. At 9:15, Jacob relieved me; I took a pit stop, then went to Receiving and collected new trash bags.  When I returned, Charlie had returned the items to Aisle 21, Paint, Tools, and Electrical.  Did the closing duties and reminded everyone after 9 that starting Mon, we were closing at 9pm again.  After HC K cleaned me out, we walked up front (Charlie had already brought in the concrete and taken the trash).  Put up my vest and clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Black/white plaid shirt, blue tank, new dark jeggings, small diamond flowers.


Day 157:  Rare Sunday  $12,093 (and 58 cents)

Arrived and took over for Em, who went to get the soda, then LEFT it for me.  Had several 'rushes', but finally got all the soda put away, the trash gathered, and the paperwork put together. Spot-swept when I could. Took my break at 7:15, and when I returned, began the closing duties.  My final customer had 4 electrical devices in plastic containers, so had to call HC C to ask how to open them.  Finally figured it out, then shut the large door behind them and locked the other doors.  Took my trash to the hopper and returned items to Lighting and Hardware.

Outfit:  Blue sparkly shirt, faded  jeggings, small gold hoops.


No comments: