Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W33

Day 142:  $8,572 and 17 cents)

Arrived; fronted all the soda and gathered the paperwork.  Discovered my dustmop was missing, so only spot-swept. Things were fairly steady all night; pulled trash at 7:30, and mucked out all the mats.  Went to break at 9:15; returned an item to Lights, then went back to Receiving to find the large trash bags.  Found the ones for the mid-size can, and found a large bag in the janitor's closet.  Didn't take the whole roll; just the one for outside.  Loader AM announced he'd just dumped the hopper, and left. I bought a bag of Chex Mix and consumed it while I sanitized the registers and #1 counter.  Loader G brought in the cull carts, then pulled the outside trash for me (it was FULL!) Had one last minute customer, and after ASM K pulled my drawer, I returned items to Paint, Hardware, and ISLG, then took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Home in IN tee, dark jeggings, diamond studs


Day 143:  $6,024 (and 67 cents)

Began my shift with Kylie asking me to do my LU; chatted briefly for a moment.  Took over for B, and my dustmop was still MIA. Fronted the soda, did the other prelim duties and spot-swept the problem areas. Was sent to break at 7:45; came back and rang up customers, then pulled the trash and began the closing duties, plus my LU and AP4Me. Basically had no customers after 9; mucked out the mats, sanitized the registers.  Loader E had to leave at 10, since he had to be back at 5:30 am, so he took the hopper at 9:15 and brought in the concrete.  I locked the doors at 9:55 and after ASM K cleaned me out, put up my vest.  

Had two slight kerfuffles:  1) I needed and o/r for a discounted saw, and hopped to #2 to handle a hispanic family.  The box on their air compressor was damaged; I forgot about the 90 day return policy and was dealing with a slight communication issue (daughter was translating). ASM K took over  and got them a discounted air compressor.  2) I accidentally locked ASM K out of the building.

Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Tribbles tee, Home Grown sweatshirt, dark jeggings, diamond studs


Day 144:  $2,858 (and 89 cents)

Worked half an hour, then received word my hubby fell BACKWARDS down our basement stairs.  Clocked out around 3:40 and went to the ER.  He's got a broken collarbone and broken tailbone.  Since he couldn't stand up and walk, they admitted him overnight for observation.  No word on if I'll have to call in tomorrow or not.

Outfit:  Yoda tee, dark jeggings, gray sweatshirt, dark jeggings, diamond studs.


Day 145:  Rare Saturday $8,952 (and 52 cents)

Arrived, and discovered I was 30 mins early, so swapped out my vest for a new one, did my LU, then went down. Took over from Em, who was more than happy to leave early, fronted the soda, and helped Pro S with ringing up an order.  Took my break at 8, then came back and did the closing duties.  Nice, easy, busy night.  Brandon W took my returns for me, and after Loader K brought in the concrete, we closed the door.  I pushed carts to the front, then put the trash in the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Indian Motorcycle tee, black v-neck, gray IN sweatshirt, dark jeggings, green Yoda sox, diamond studs.

No comments: