Monday, October 17, 2022

Life In Lumber: Y4, W34

 Day 146:  $12,136 (and 88 cents)

Spent 2 hours with D before having to pick up the granddaughter at 1; then came home, ate lunch, and went to work.  Good shift; was busy between 3-5, then things slacked off.  Did prelim duties, had Pro S watch the register while I took a pit stop, and spot-swept. At 7, HC J asked me to do the soda count, so I did, and discovered I'd be going to lunch at 8. When Lexi relieved me, I clocked out, found a roll of outside trash bags at CS, then ate my lunch. Afterward, I got a little peeved at Kell, who was just standing behind the pro desk and not putting away any soda.  Lex had dome some of it; I finished it.  As a result, didn't have time to muck out the mats or sanitize the registers.  Pulled the trash, and after ASM K pulled my drawer, took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:15.

Outfit:  Brown/white turtleneck sweater, dark jeggings, small thin gold hoops.  It was only 52 degrees today, and Champagne/Urbana, IL had snow flurries by 8:30!


Day 147:  $15,457 (and 2 cents)

Arrived and took over for Adriane. Fronted soda and did the prelim duties, rang up customers until 5, then started spot-sweeping and mucking out all the mats.  Went to lunch at 7, and when I returned, did the closing duties.  Discovered I CAN sell the cull packs, just not set them up.  Set up a delivery of drywall and lumber, pulled trash, sanitized the registers, and returned items to Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Hot cocoa tee, Mama Bear sweatshirt, dark jeggings, treble clef studs.

Got our front end appreciation gifts....a lunchbox and a water bottle, plus a card and LU stickers.

Off until Monday, unless called in over the weekend:)

No comments: