Monday, October 24, 2022

Life in Lumber Y4, W35

 Day 148:  $8,638 (and 75 cents)

Discovered my new lunchbox will hold 12 lunchables! A Quiet Strength-Janette Okeut Arrived and took over for B and S, then fronted the soda and filled the gatorade section. Did the prelim duties, and started sweeping.  My dustmop showed up, which made it easier! Lex sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, began the closing duties. Nice, easy night. Even 'beat up' on Loader H....he helped me empty the outside trash, and I discovered someone had used the wrong liner.  As we tipped it over, H's finger got smashed....then I accidentally hit his head with a protruding board.  Thankfully, no blood, no serious damage! Also got my LU done.

At  10, Loader AM took the hopper; I brought in the lone cull cart and locked the doors. After HC C cleaned me out, ASM K stayed to watch the door while AM was bringing in the concrete and the safety pallets.  I put up my vest, then put six carts away.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Black Mom tee, new faded jeggings, small silver hoops.


Day 149:  $5,028 (and 46 cents)

It rained all day.  Arrived and took over for B, fronted soda, did prelim duties, then swept the place. ASM K left at 6:50, after being screamed at by an irate customer over the phone. Did my LU and AP4Me, and at 8:30 began the closing duties.  Went to break at 9, then sanitized the counters and registers.

Had to have 2 o/r:  One for discounted paint, the other for a discounted toilet.  Checked my stats:  I'm back at #1!!!  Last two weeks, I've been #12 and 14.  The weird thing is, I only scored 50% friendliness.  WTH???

After HC K arrived, I took the trash to the hopper, then she and I went up front.  Returned an item to Paint and to aisle 10, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, dangly hearts.


Day 150:  $/,391 (and 5 cents)

Arrived and saw only Sandy up front, so knew that's where they wanted me. Had a steady stream of customers, including one man who whined about the self-checkout not being open.  I smiled and told him he'd just have to talk to me:)  Went to Lumber at 5 and got to see BWG:)  Em arrived at  6:30 so she did the soda.  At 6:55, we swapped places and I took back the returns to Hardware, Lighting, Tools, and Plumbing. Did my LU, printed off my November schedule, and clocked out at 7:20.

Outfit:  Purple/white sweater-tunic, new faded jeggings, silver/blue/pink hoops.


Day 151:  $9,336 (and 15 cents)

ASM A texted me to see if I'd come in at 3; I said yes. Arrived and spent the 1st 2 hours up front, then went to Lumber to relieve B. Fronted soda and did prelim duties, and discovered both my mop and broom were MIA. George brought back my broom and Loader AM found my mop. Swept, and needed an o/r fir 3 plastic tubes. Got mildly ticked when HC K informed me I was only getting 30 mins, but hey....more $$ on my paycheck! 

Dogwood catered in lunch, and safety award swag was available.  Picked up a T-shirt and a pen.

After break, pulled trash and sanitized after finished mucking out the mats. After Loader E took the hopper and set the safety pallets, I returned items to Dywall, Plumbing, and Paint.  Clocked out at 10:20.  Got to pet Miss Cora, the Golden Doodle who was 'off duty':)  She followed me and K out to the parking lot, ignoring her owner Jax!

Outfit:  Maroon plaid, new faded jeggings.  No earrings; my right earlobe objected.


Day 152:  Rare Saturday  $5,331 (and 19 cents)

Arrived slightly late, and had to ask Em to give me 5 more mins so I could take a pit stop. Things were fairly steady for an hour, then fronted the soda, gathered the paperwork, and consolidated the trash. Spot-swept the floor; mucked out the mats; even cleaned off the top of the snack rack and the monster and Red Bull coolers.  HC Ju sent me to break at 8:15, and when I returned, think I only had maybe 6 customers. Sanitized the registers, gathered the trash, and watched the doors while Loader E took the hopper and set the safety pallets.  Returned items to Paint and Electrical, then put up my vest and took the loading tickets, which ASM K forgot when she cleaned me out, up front.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Orange pumpkin shirt, black l/s tee, black jeggings, straw hat headband, skeleton earrings.


No comments: