Monday, November 28, 2022

Life In Lumber: Y4, W40

 Day 169:  Cyber Monday  $6,638 (and 93 cents)

Arrived and took over for B, and did the prelim duties. Was fairly busy until 6, then began sweeping.  Had another 'rush', then Lex sent me to break at 7.  Returned and pulled trash and sanitized the registers and counters.  At 9, locked the doors and handed the loading tickets to new ASM S, and went to put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:15.  Corporate's due tomorrow; I was surprised we didn't have to do more 'beautifying'.

Outfit:  Green "Naughty List' tee, black l/s tee, dark jeggings, Santa hat.


Day 170:  $3,685 (and 65 cents)

Arrived and took over for B.  Did the prelim duties, checked out a few customers....and things died down.  Began sweeping, then at 6, HC C cleaned out all the registers.  Checked out a few people, then things died down again until 8:45, when I had a small 'rush'. Even needed and o/r for discounted paint.  And tonight was 'sharing' night:  Loaders A and H decided to discuss their g/f.....OMG....the things you learn when college kids are talking!

Met the potential new SM Jeff.  He seems personable, knowledgeable, and nice.  After the final customer left, and was able to lock the doors, returned an item to Tools, gloves to Hardware, the trash to the Receiving bay, picked up some large trash bags, 3 rolls of small ones, returned HC C's vest to her locker, took a pit stop, then took one small and one large trash bags to Lumber, then the remaining 2 small ones to CS.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Black/gray/leopard stripe tee, black vest, dark jeggings, gold hoops

Off to Lafayette tomorrow and Thurs!


Day 171:  $4,730 (and 3 cents)

Arrived; checked out a customer or two; printed off my schedule and pay stubs.  At 4, I took the returns back and took a pit stop before B left at 5.  Em arrived, and sent me to lunch.  At 5:30, Em began doing soda count; I swept. At 6, was sent to Self Checkout, to cover until Dawson returned from HIS break. Then returned to Lumber for Em's break. Continued to sweep; Em had already sanitized the registers. Pulled trash, and did my LU.  Had a 'rush' at 8:30, then locked the doors as final customer approached.  Checked and let him out, then grabbed the tax exempt tickets and headed up front.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Black/red plaid, black vest, dark jeggings, heavy red sweatshirt, blue fingerless gloves, gold hoops.


Day 172:  Rare Saturday  $4,633 (and 38 cents)

Arrived and discovered I was half an hour early. So went on down and helped out, plus ate a Snickers bar. Em left at 5:30 and I did the prelim duties. Crowd left at 6, so began sweeping. HC C emptied my drawer at 7, and at 8:30, I had Loader E watch the register while I took a pit stop. At 9, sent my final customer up front (he was paying cash) and locked the doors.  E and another associate went out to bring in the concrete; I left them in charge of the door while I took the trash down, then returned items to Tools, Electrical, Paint, and Closets.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Gray Home in In sweatshirt, dark jeggings, small textured gold hoops.

No comments: