Monday, November 14, 2022

Life In Lumber Y4, W38

 Day 160:  $9,835 (and 32 cents)

I have a note on my phone calendar to request today off, to recupperate from the vacation.

I should have heeded it.

1) I left my phone in the bathroom.

2) My scanner quit, 15 minutes into my shift.  B's quit also, but he was able to reboot it.  So when he left, I took over #2.

3) I discovered no one put a trash bag in the outside trash can.

4) The Pro area was FILTHY; don't think the mats had been cleaned since I left last Tues.

5) Forgot to gather the paperwork until the end.

I DID get the soda fronted, and shuffled. I DID get the trash pulled.  Also had to return items to Plumbing, Electrical, Hardware, and a car to the rack.

I also bought a bath mat, 2 tee shirts, and a candy bar.

6) Forgot to check my sales for the day.

7) DID get my LU and AP4Me done.  Also requested off Dec 2nd, for my mom's dental appt, and emailed Mgr A about it.

Clocked out at 9:22

Outfit:  Black/white  l/s shirt, black vest, new dark jeggings, sapphire and diamond hoops.


Day 161:  $9,877 (and 30 cents)

Arrived to find ASM K leaving (for lunch, it turned out...) and B had called in; Ash was trying to help a woman, but she turned her over to me.  Turned out the woman wanted flooring; called Josh, but he was with a customer, so I sent her back to him.  After a small 'rush', I fronted the soda, then had to call for and o/r for discounted paint, and hopped on 2 to ring up other customers. HC C came down and ended up helping two more customers until everyone was taken care of,. I then did the prelim duties and began sweeping.  Mucked out the mats.  Lex sent me to break at 7:15, and said that HC Jas quit, b/c she didn't like the CS desk. After I returned, I began the closing duties.  At 9, I locked the doors....then learned we still had a family in 19. They checked out via me, so Mgt A logged into Genesis and I rang them up that way.  When they were finished loading, I put away the carts and closed the large door.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Heard ASM K say she was working 8:30-6 tomorrow...yay!

Outfit:  Blue hooded Cabela's sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, sapphire and diamond hoops.


Day 162:  $8,008 (and 24 cents)

Was snowing when I arrived; thankfully, it did NOT stick! Took over for B, and did the prelim duties, fronted the soda. Was fairly busy until 7, when I ran out of $1s, then switched to #2.  Swept the pro area and the mats, then Lex sent me to break at 7:30. When I returned, pulled the trash., did LU, and printed out my pay stub.  Checked my schedule and changed my PW.  Final customers were at 9, and I'd already locked the doors. Clocked out at 9:15

Outfit:  Brown sweater, new dark jeggings, sapphire and diamond hoops, blue fingerless gloves.

Off tomorrow!


Day 163:  $10,619 (and 8 cents)

Nancy dropped off copies of Beach within 5 mins of me arriving; was a busy shift!  Took over for B and did the prelim duties, and was thrilled to find my dustmop back! Fronted the soda, swept the entire Pro area (didn't get to the horseshoe), and mucked out the mats.  Had no less than 4 transactions around the $2K amount, all in cash. Had to have an o/r for discounted doors and carpet.  Sold HC K a copy of Beach, and ASM J wants one on Monday.

Was also a cold shift. Clocked out at 9:20 after returning items to Hardware, Lights, and Millwork.

Outfit:  Thick white sweater, faded jeggings, blue fingerless gloves, green dangly earrings.


Day 164:  Rare Saturday $6,264 (and 6 cents)

Arrived; HC K pulled me over to ask a question about a lady who bought plywood, had it cut to fit in her car, but decided to have someone else pick it up later.  Guy came to get it; someone told him to go to CS desk to have the loading ticket printed (wouldn't have been one if it was sold Carry With!), but who THEN told him to go get the receipt.  WTH?????  I told her I'd apologize to the customer if he returned while I was there.  When I got to my station, I discussed it with Ash, who told me she DID apologize profusely; it was just a lack of communication.

Shift was semi-busy.  At one point, I needed an o/r, then the line picked up.  Hopped to #2, and heard Josh call for a Code 99, but still no one arrived.  By the time I finished with the four customers, the 1st one was fed up and cancelled his order.  STILL no one showed up.  So did the prelim duties....fronted the soda and began sweeping. Mucked out the mats.  Kate sent me to break at 7:30.  Afterward, did the closing duties and sanitized the counters.  Since I'd gotten a credit app yesterday, I pulled off a cup from the board and opened it in ASM M's presence.  Won an extra 15 min break!  I'll take it on Tuesday. 

Realized after I'd arrived home that I'd forgotten to clock out.  Oops!

Outfit: Dark gray Home sweatshirt, faded jeggings, l/u, blue fingerless gloves, treble clef earrings.


Day 165:  Rare Sunday $4,820 (and 11 cents)

Was an interesting shift. Walked in and thought I was taking over for Lex, but she was on til 6. Things were slow, so decided to fill the soda coolers.  That took me until 5:30, in between filling in at the front (and freezing the Pin Pad!) and in Lumber.  At 5:30, they called a Code 3 to the front, and we were still managable, so I went.  Tried to leave 3 times, but people still kept coming.  Finally 'escaped' fifteen minutes later, and took a quick pit stop so Lex could leave. Started sweeping and doing the closing duties, swept the entire area, mucked out all the mats, and sanitized the registers.  After Loader E set the safety pallets and brought in the concrete, he took the trash.  HC K cleaned me out, and I returned an item to Plumbing, then clocked out at 8:20. 

Also sent an email to Kylie about my missed punch, and did my LU.

Outfit:  Lt gray IN sweatshirt, faded jeggings, l/u, blue fingerless gloves, treble clef earrings.

No comments: