Monday, November 21, 2022

Life in Lumber: Y4, W 39

 Day 166:  $8,139 (and 79 cents)

Arrived to discover SM S walked out, after an argument with our DM, who called him "a piss-poor excuse for a SM'.  Not sure what's gonna happen next.....also discovered confirmation ASM K got her position on her knees, so to speak.

Anyway, moving on....Did the prelim duties and my LU and AP4Me, and got hit with a 30 minute 'rush'. Kell sent me to break at 7:45, and when I returned, I pulled trash, swept, and checked out my final customer right at 9.  HC C cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper and rode one of the scooters to the front before putting up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red turtleneck, black vest, faded jeggings, blue fingerless gloves, Yukon earrings


Day 167:  $5,917 (and 21 cents)

Today was one for the record books.  Arrived; there was plenty of coverage, so I stayed in Lumber.  We weren't busy, so returned items to Tools and Paint, then restocked some of the soda.  After returning the leftovers to the front, I took a quick pit stop and returned into chaos.  B tried to sort it out for me; I said we'd figure it out, and it settled down once everyone was taken care of.  I still have NO IDEA if one customer got his 48 concrete blocks.........

Was just very busy, off and on.  I was able to get the trash pulled, and the prelim duties done. Lex sent me to lunch at 7:30; I reminded her of my extra 15 mins, and returned at 8:15 to find her fighting the computer, trying to get Eric M's check to validated.  I tried it....even called for an approval code...nada.  Finally ended up running it through #2 and it worked!  Got him checked out...then I rebooted #1.  Had only a handful of customers after that; D and W stopped by to look at the 2x12x12s that I'd invoiced on Friday; D said no.  So I wrote Mgr G a note, telling him to put them in a cull pack; pulled the outside trash, and did a hasty sweep of the area.  Clocked out at 9:15.

Outfit:  Black/gray tee, black vest, faded jeggings, sea horses

I'm off until Saturday!!!!!!


Day 168:  Small Business Saturday  $7,079 (and 22 cents)

Was actually a quiet, busy shift.  Arrived to find Subway catered in, so took two slices of a ham and cheese sandwich down to lumber and ate them in between customers. Discovered a new policy:  After 6pm, the only cash register taking cash is up front, so I'm cash-free, which upset at least two customers. Was fairly steady until 7:30, when HC K relieved me. When I returned, was able to get the soda fronted, the entire area swept, and the mats mucked.  Pulled the trash, including the outside, and after locking the doors, took the trash to the overflowing hopper (compactor's down until Mon), and returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, Paint, and Flooring.  Clocked out at 9:20....just in time to see ASM K head down to Lumber, to close the back door.  Actually walked out the door (in the rain!) around 9:30. 

Outfit:  Santa shirt, black l/s tee, black jeggings, green 'jingle bells'

Off tomorrow!!!!

No comments: