Monday, April 24, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W9

 Day 40:  $6951

Arrived and took over for B, then learned I was closing with the new guy, Woody.  Was busy at first, then was able to get the prelim duties finished. Did my LU and AP4Me, then around 8 had to call for a bathroom break.  Noel came down to cover me, and when I returned, started the closing duties.  Loader W found my dustpan, so was able to get the floor spot-swept, the mats mucked, and everything sanitized. Pulled the outside trash, and when ASM M came down to clean me out, I'd already locked the doors and brought in the cull carts.  Took the trash down, then waited for Blake to bring in the concrete.  Returned an item to Aisle 50, then put up my vest.

Randy B showed up and we had some teasing back and forth before I rang him up....then he cut himself, so had to pour water over his finger and give him a paper towel.  I teased him....'first you insult me, then you bleed all all over my clean floor!"

Clocked out at 10:35.

ASM K apparently had some bad sushi and called in.

Outfit:  Gray leopard stripe, black vest, LJs, faded jeggings, small gold hoops.


Day 41:  $9489

Arrived and was surprised to see Seb; B had called in.  Took over and was slightly busy, then learned I'd be closing with Loaders W and H. Did the prelim duties and swept up the insulation in front of the Pro desk. Did my LU and rang up customers, then HC K asked me to do the soda count.  Mack sent me to break at 9:20, and when I returned, started the closing duties.  I'd already pulled the trash, so mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers and counters.  Even wiped down the wall by the coffee station. Mack and I filled the soda coolers, then clocked out at 10:35.

ASM K left at 4:)

Outfit:  Blue Whitehorse sweatshirt, LJs, faded jeggings, small textured gold hoops

Off the next two days for choir rehearsal and performance!


Day 42:  $12,930

Shift began with ASM K smashing the bathroom door against my hand; she was coming in, I was reaching for the door handle.  Thumb was slightly tender for a few mins.  B said he'd done $15 K during his 8 hour shift; wait until I see him on Mon to show him tonight's stats!  Was busy all evening; barely had time to do the prelim duties, but managed to get them done by 6.  Wasn't able to start sweeping until 9, and got the closing duties finished around 9:45.  Locked the doors at 10 and brought in the cull cart,  plus helped bring in the rest of the carts.  Loader W hurt his elbow and left around 7:30; Loader E brought in the concrete and took the trash. HC C had already cleaned me out, so shut the large door and put up my vest, then took the loading tickets to CS. Didn't get my break, but had Loader E watch the register for a few mins.

Customer Eric M razzed me three times:  First I was a 'chatty Cathy'....then I was holding up the line....last, I was slow ringing up people.  Told him he was rapidly getting on my last nerve, ha ha!

ASM K left at 7.

Outfit:  Maroon blouse, white vest, dark jeggings, LJs, red/clear beads

Tomorrow, I'm off to the Evansville North HS craft fair!


Day 43:  Rare Sunday $8669

Got my hopes up when I arrived and saw ASM K walking out the door...then remembered it was was 3, not 5.  Yup...she went to lunch.  Helped a customer get a tool (had to have Diana from HW unlock it for me), then helped Marilyn in Tools.  Brought in carts, and let her go to lunch at 3:50, then was slightly slammed until 5:30.  Did the prelim duties, and discovered whomever had taken over for Daw's break yesterday had been extremely rude to Nan.  Still trying to figure out who it was; Nan didn't remember her name. Got a credit app, so Loader AM 'captured' a flag for me from Flooring. Think my last one was in Jan or Feb???  Anyway, had Loader E watch the register for me while I took a pit stop, then began the closing duties.  My broom was MIA, so pulled trash and sanitized the counters and registers. Locked the doors at 8 and pushed the trash down to the hopper. Then returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, Paint, and Hardware.  Put up my vest and clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, Mickey Mouse earrings.

No comments: