Monday, October 9, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W 33

 Day 142:  $7789 "Pink" Day

Arrived and took over for K. was busy for 2 hours, then did the prelim duties. Olivia sent me to lunch at 6:15, and when I returned an hour later, swept the place, mucked out the mats, and sanitized the registers. Did the soda count, and put it away. Locked the doors at 9:45; final customer was between 8:30-9pm. Took the trash to the hopper when HC Bre cleaned me out. Returned items to Plumbing, Lights, Hardware, and Seasonal.  Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Purple/white stripe sweater, faded jeggings, thin gold hoops.


Day 143:  $7355 (and 3 cents) "Superhero" Day

Arrived and took over for K; did the prelim duties; discovered (former) ASM K is happier at the other lumber place in town b/c "she feels appreciated and respected".  Good for her.

At 5, Madi sent me to break, and afterward, I fronted soda, swept, sanitized, and had nearly everything done by 8:30. Pulled trash, and did soda count. Didn't have any customers after 8:45. Wiped off the top of the Pepsi cooler and the ice machine, mucked the mats, and when HC Bre cleaned me out, swapped my returns for the soda.  Put them away, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:35.

Outfit: Capt. America tee, black l/s tee, faded jeggings, sapphire hoops


Day 144:  $10,176  "Wacky Socks Wednesday"

Arrived and was surprised to see Marilyn at the register; K is off for 2 days. Managers have been announced; ASM Jess is now over Pro/Lumber; Mgr Chris B is now ASM:)  Did the prelim duties and LU, fronted the soda. Had to jump on #2 when the pinpad malfunctioned; reset it, but the register didn't want to work. Stayed on #2 the rest of the night. Bella sent me to lunch at 6, and when I returned, fmr loader Al was there, but didn't check out through me. Swept, mucked the mats, sanitized the registers and counters. Final customer was at 9:15. At 9:30, locked the side doors for Loader D to bring the concrete. SM J surprised me by offering a slice of pizza; he watched the register while I went to CS and got 2 slices. At 10, closed the large door; D took my trash.  HC Kait cleaned me out AND informed me she's going to LG next week. Returned a pipe to plumbing and a gate latch to LG.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Home tee, gray hooded sweatshirt, dark capris, green Yoda socks

I'm off to Lafayette tomorrow!


Day 145:   $8259  "Flannel Friday"

Arrived and hopped on #2, to help with the line.  K left at 3:30, and I got back on #1. Things were steady until 4, when I did the prelim duties. HC Brit sent me to lunch at 5, and when I returned, the rain was almost happening. It arrived soon later, and the place cleared out.  Swept, mucked out all the mats, did my LU, and requested Nov 15th off (mom's hair appt). Pulled trash at 8:30, and final customer was around 9, when their paint fell off and spilled. ASM SC and I cleaned it up. Locked the outside doors; Loader Aaron brought in the concrete; closed the big door at 10. Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Red/black plaid, faded jeggings, antique silver pearls

Off to Indpls and VoltCon tomorrow!

No comments: