Monday, October 23, 2023

Life In Lumber: Y5, W35

 Day 150:  $14,908 "Pink Day"

Arrived and helped a customer with the downspouts, then took over for Kem. Was busy for 2 hours, then did the prelim duties. Was sent to lunch at 6, and did my AP4Me as soon as I clocked back in. Did the soda count and started sweeping, plus mucked out the mats. Fronted all the soda, and when Kel brought it down, she filled it while I went on break and cleaned out the coffee container. Came back; sanitized the registers and counters. Sent Loader Jax down with the trash at 9:50, then locked the doors at 10. Put up my vest and took the expired soda down to RTM. Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Shaun tee, gray/pink 'Mama Bear' sweatshirt, dark jeggings, pink danglies

Off the next 3 days, unless they call me in (I told them to call me in Tues!  Wed, I'm doing Ned's laundry and some yard work; Thurs is choir practice).


Day 151:  $4521 "Superhero Day"

Discovered today was Mgr Jess's last day.  I'd hugged her yesterday and told her I'd keep her and her dad in my prayers.  She appreciated it:)

Was called in to work at 5; took over for Dawson, and immediately had 2 'special' customers....one was a Pro who wanted the Pro $20 delivery fee, and the other was a phone order.  Was steady until 6, then did the prelim duties and fronted all the soda. Started sweeping at 7, and was sent on my break at 8. Came back and finished sweeping, then pulled trash. Loader Dale locked the side doors and brought in the concrete; my final customer was at 9:30.  Did my LU, and sanitized the registers. HC Cam and Kait cleaned me out, then told me about the new policy of keeping some funds in certain registers, so the morning crew has it already.  Whatever.... Returned items to Tools and Paint and put up my vest. Clocked out at 10:15.

Had to chew the loaders out; I'd called for a Code 50; no one came.  Paged for Lumber Associate to #1; Aaron continued to flat stack.  A customer complained the three of them (not sure who all was involved) just stood around talking while she struggled to load a heavy board, and never once offered assistance.  Dale's excuse was he was in the training room, catching up on his AP4Me; Aaron claimed he hadn't heard me page.  Aaron's also PO'd at either Will, Charlie, or Wyatt, for not doing more during the day.

Outfit:  Yoda tee, dark jeggings, Mickey Mouse

Off until Friday!


Day 152:  $12,250

Arrived and took over for Kem Was busy for an hour, then did the prelim duties. Found out 'more than likely' Mgr G will become the ASM, and Mgr Ian will take over Pro, with ASM Shaun taking over Appliances, and Chris back over LG.

WHEW!

HC Cam sent me to lunch at 5:30, and when I returned, helped her ring up the large order for Matt...$6K!  Hopped to #2 while they pushed all his carts out of the way, then got back on 1. Fronted soda and swept; final customer was at 9/ Sanitized the registers and counters, did my LU. Loader Dale took my trash and brought in the concrete.  Closed the large door at 10 and clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Blue sparkle blouse, new faded jeggings, copper and larimar ovals


Day 153:  Rare Saturday $9816

Arrived and took over for Austin P, and was busy for 2 hours. Did the prelim duties, and was sent to lunch at 6. Got my evaluation from Shannon:  "Molly does very well on the lumber end of the store; she knows her customers and checks them out friendly and quickly; She asks the prompting questions, such as EPPs and her monthly rating shows it; she needs to remind customers to complete the surveys and ask for 10s; I would like to see her get more credit apps aswell; she does complete her trainings on time with little follow up; she comes in when we are understaffed and she is appreciated for that."

Afterward, I began sweeping, then got on a survey kick.  ASM SC told me if I got 2, he'd give me a FitBit, and got my next 3 customers to do them, even getting a 4th one a few mins later.  So I guess I'm getting a FitBit....

Sanitized the registers, and after Loader Charlie brought in the concrete and set the safety pallets, he took my trash down while I closed the large door and returned items to Tools, Aisle 9, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, sapphire hoops

Off tomorrow!

No comments: