Monday, October 16, 2023

Life in Lumber: Y5, W34

 Day 146:  $10,849  "Pink Day"

Was 45 mins late, due to Taco's vet appt.  Verdict:  Allergies.  He got a shot in the butt, had his temp taken, and was told to continue giving him the meds from last year.  He weighs 14.8 lbs and is due for his heartworm test in Dec. 

Took over for Brenda, who was VERY happy to see me, and promptly got 2 'special case' customers...both for beadboard. Fortunately, I knew where to find the code! Did the prelim duties and started the soda count. Bella sent me to lunch at 5:30, and when I returned, finished the soda count and began sweeping. Put the soda away; pulled trash; did my AP4Me and LU, and sanitized the registers and counters.  Didn't have any customers from 8:15-close. Locked the side doors while Mgr Charlie brought in the concrete; Loader Dale took my trash after we hauled in the cull cart and closed the large door.  ASM Sh cleaned me out and brought down my Front End Appreciation Backpack, with a travel coffee mug and Milk Duds inside, plus a nice note from her and Mgr SC, Returned items to Electrical, Lights, and Seasonal.  Clocked out at 10:30

Austin P is going to take my shift on Friday, so I can travel to Memphis!!.

Outfit:  Dark gray/white striped sweater, dark jeggings, 'Beach' danglies


Day 147:  $8887  "Super Hero Day"

Arrived and hopped on #2 to help with the line, then finally got back on #1 around 3:30! Did the prelim duties and fronted the soda; did my LU and got a credit app. Patty sent me to lunch at 6, and when I returned, swept the entire area; mucked the mats; brought in the trash, and did the soda count after finding out Corporate AND Regional were arriving in the morning.  Helped Bright with a complicated order; the dishwasher wouldn't cooperate when it was keyed in; wanted to be delivery or pick up later. Finally, B scanned it....went right through!  Weird......HC K opted NOT to fill the soda, and after Loader Dale brought in the concrete, locked the doors and closed the large door at 10.  HC K cleaned me out; returned items to Aisle 21, Plumbing, Electrical, Tools, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 10:30.

Outfit:  Star Wars tee, red l/s tee, dark jeggings, Darth Vadar


Day 148:  $14,041 "Wacky Socks"

I forgot to wear my SW sox.  In my defense, I had to be up early and dressed by 10am, in order to set up at a local event, and I forgot about it.

Arrived and took over for Kem, who informed me the coffee maker broke. Did the prelim duties, then the pinpad on #1 threw a fit, so was on 2 while I unplugged it, let it sit for 5 mins, then reattached it.  Then, it worked fine! Fronted the soda, and at 6, called down to see if someone could cover me for a pit stop.  HC Brea said I was supposed to have gone to lunch at 5...oops! Loader Dale covered for me, then a few mins after I returned, Dawson sent me to lunch.

Side Note:  Our Regional director insisted the boxed display of soda be moved behind the counter and out of the center of the walkway in front of the Pro desk.  Well now, it's blocking my access to thr trash can AND the EAS system!  The walk-through went fine, thankfully!

After I returned from lunch, I swept the floor....and discovered Loader D had borrowed my dustpan.  "I'll bring it back..." Uh, no, he didn't! Fortunately, I have a small handheld one. Did NOT get the mats mucked for that reason; I got it after taking the trash to the hopper. Sanitized the registers and counters, and two customers bought me 3 musketeers candy bars.  One even told me, "I came down here b/c you're THE BEST CASHIER THEY HAVE!"

Awwwwwe.....thank you!

After locking the side doors around 9:30 (and after pulling all the trash!), Loader D brought in the concrete. At 9:50, he watched the register while I took another pit stop, then let him outside   and shut the large door.  HC Cam cleaned me out; I took the trash to the hopper and returned one item to Aisle 19, and another to Electrical.  Clocked out at 10:20.

Outfit:  Teal patterned l/s tee, black l/s tee, dark jeggings, small gold hoops.

Off tomorrow for Choir practice, then off Friday for my Memphis trip, and off Saturday for the signing.


Day149:  $5705  Rare Sunday "NFL Day"

Arrived to discover I was 90 mins early.  Oops....helped Austin in Lumber and let him take an extended break. At a few mins til 5, I took a pit stop, then was on my own. Did the prelim duties, fronted the soda, did my LU, swept, and read three days' worth of emails. Jace sent me to break at 6:30, and first I collected Mgr Charlie's book from my car; he paid me $20 for it and told me to keep the change. Found out ASM Jess is leaving soon to be her dad's caregiver; there's a rumor Mgr G's going to take over her job.  Not sure how I feel about that yet....

Locked the side doors at 8 and rang up my final 2 customers, then shut the large door.  After HC Kait cleaned me out, opened the door again so Loader Aaron could bring in the concrete.  Closed the door and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  18 Colt's jersey, black l/s tee, dark jeggings, small gold hoops

No comments: