Monday, October 2, 2023

Life in Lumber: Y5, W32

 Day 139:  $9728

Arrived at 4 and immediately was asked about a damaged garage door. Tried to find someone, but no one was answering their phones. Finally found Mgr G who 1st said, "I'm not here..." but after explaining the issue, he took care of it. Hopped on 2 to help Meredith with the line, then took over for her. Was busy until 5:30, then did the prelim duties and LU. Went to lunch at 6:30, then swept the area. Pulled trash at 8:30 and mucked out the mats. Sanitized the registers at 9 and did my AP4Me. Filled the soda coolers. Locked the doors at 10, and final customer left at 10:05. Told Ben I was NOT going to charge him 12 cents (he'd paid $69 on his card, then all but $.12 on a gift card) and shooed him out the door with his receipt.  HC B cleaned me out; I waited while Mgr CK brought in the concrete.  Loader Jax had already taken my trash to the hopper.  Clocked out at 10:40.

ASM SC came in..."You DO exist!"

"For that comment, you DO work w/o your phone!"

*clutches chest.* "Ahhh!"

LMAO!

Outfit:  Blue LU tee, dark capris, Yukon Tartan buttons


Day 140:  $8050

Arrived and took over for K. Discovered #1 was out of 1s, 10s, and 5s, so hopped to #2 until after 5, when ASM Shan remembered I was in need. Learned HC Cam called in, and Brit was on her way in at 6:30. Did my LU, prelim duties, and swept. Called HC Brit at 8 and asked if I was getting a lunch break, and would only take 30. She sent Ryder down at 8:20. Returned items to Plumbing and Tools, then clocked out for lunch. Afterward, pulled the trash, sanitized the registers and mucked out the mats. Final customer was at 9:30. Loader D and I brought in the cull cart; Loader Jax took my trash down.  Mgr Charlie brought in the concrete, and I locked the doors. HC Brit cleaned me out; I returned items to Paint and Hardware. Clocked out at 10:25.

Outfit:  Blue/white stripe tee, dark capris, dangly Yukon Colors

Off till Sunday! Tomorrow, gonna go to Pantheon at 11, do laundry, watch SVU, and get DYL ready, as well as create the Tales flyer. Thurs, off to Lafayette. Fri, it's the First Friday Art Walk. Sat, it's the GSH Pet event at the park.  Hoping to drum up business for Tales and DYL launch.


Day 141:  Rare Sunday $12,390
Arrived, and took over for Marilyn, just as Kate arrived to take over for Dawson.  I went to #1; K on 2.  I rang up one customer, then had to help K with Enrique's tax exempt. Ended up texting Pro J for the info, then got him rung up and on his way. Things were slow, so I rinsed out the coffee pot and consolidated the trash.  K was called up front, and was busy after that. Got irritated at Loader Jax....he refused to take the large flat carts down, apparently misunderstanding my 'aisle 18' instructions. He didn't take my trash. He keeps putting empty soda bottles in the clean trash cans. New ASM Alex showed him how to use the saw, but when another customer needed wood cut, he said he didn't feel confident.  Sent Nate back there. The guy's just immature.

After work, went out to K's and relaxed by the bonfire.

Outfit:  Blue 18 Colts jersey, black l/s tee, faded jeggings, small gold hoops

No comments: