Thursday, January 18, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W 47

 Day 199:

Went in, even though I'm a coughing, sneezing mess.  Spoke with Holly about giving me a sick day on Sat, and she did! Cori was there until 4, so helped with the line, did some of the prelim duties, and scrounged up one more trash bag for the medium one. After C left, finished the prelim duties and was fairly steady. At 7:30, pulled trash....and discovered the black bags are NOT for the outside can, so put that trash back, lol! HC Kay sent me to break at 8, and when I returned, did some spot-sweeping (my dustbroom and dustpan were both MIA)). Cam brought in the concrete at 8:50, and after Loader Jax brought the rest of the carts in, went ahead and shut the large door. Jax took my trash; after HC Kay cleaned me out, returned items to Tools and Plumbing, and put up my vest.  Told ASM CB, "Is it okay if I go ahead and tell you I won't be there tomorrow?"  He laughed and patted me on the back.  Seriously; I feel like death warmed over.  When I left, I told him I was going home to drown myself in some chicken soup.  He said, "Hope you feel better soon!"

Me too!

Outfit:  Blue Cozy blankets sweatshirt, white turtleneck, faded jeggings, LJs, thick gold hoops


Had to call in Friday; bronchitis.

I really picked a good week to be sick; they're cutting hours at work, so was off the schedule M-W. Had to have breathing treatments Fri-Sun.  The weather is supposed to be warmer next week; here's hoping I don't have to take any more days off!


No comments: