Monday, January 29, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W49

 Day 204:

Was asked to come in at 2, so arrived and took over for Kem. Alice and I traded off ringing up customers, and I took a brief pit stop at 3:45, knowing she was leaving at 4.  Patty arrived at five after to send me to lunch.  Came back at 5 and did the prelim duties, then began sweeping. Had the mats mucked by 7, and the registers sanitized by 8. Pulled trash, then had Sage watch the register so I could make another pit stop and add water to my cup. Sanitized the counters, locked the doors at 9, and returned items to Plumbing and Millwork. Brought in the discounted concrete while Loader A was bringing in the concrete pallets.  After he brought the hopper back, I closed the garage door and put up my vest.  Good shift, but then had to defrost the car before I could leave the parking lot.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs, crystal studs


Day 205:

Arrived at 4:30; Alice took a pit stop. After she left at 5, I did the prelim duties, and began sweeping around 5:30. Was mucking out the mats by 7, and pulled trash when I came back from my break around 7:45. Shift was nice and steady and went fast tonight.  ISLG Chris began painting the break room a slight neon green.  Final customer left at 9; I locked the doors behind them.  HC Shel cleaned me out; took the trash to the hopper, then had to let out another customer who'd bought a shower. Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  White cable sweater, dark jeggings, LJs, Yukon Tartan buttons.


Day 206:

Arrived and took over for Alice, did the prelim duties, then SM J asked me to do my LU.  Told him I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong; he had me bring up the screen and showed me what to click on. Waited until Pro J left so I could do it on his register, so did that around 6. Was fairly steady, and did the soda list. Went to break at 7 and when I returned, started sweeping, then got busy with customers. Finally pulled trash at 8:30, did a cursory sweep, then sanitized the registers. Mucked out the mats, then locked the doors at 8:55. Walked HC Shel up front, then took the trash to the hopper, returned a water bottle up front, and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:15.

The new paint job in out break room is BRIGHT!!!

Outfit:  Lt gray IN sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, red rock danglies

Off to Lafayette tomorrow, to take Mom to her dermotology appt, then the Pantheon on Friday.


Day 207:  Rare Sat

Arrived and took over for Kelly, then did the prelim duties.  Was fairly steady until 6:30, when I began sweeping.  Did my LU, and requested off my April dates. Amy sent me to break at 7:30, and when I returned, finished sweeping, then pulled trash.  Mucked out the mats and sanitized the registers.  Locked the doors at 8:55 and fronted the soda. HC Shel cleaned me out, then opened the large door so ASM SC could bring in the concrete. Took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Blue Cozy Blankets sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, LJs, gold wreaths

Off tomorrow!

No comments: