Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W45

 Day 189:  New Year's Day (3-6pm)

Arrived and tried to take over for Marilyn, but the line was long, so hopped on #2 to help.  Tried to buy a calendar, but we couldn't locate D's info, so I talked Paul A into buying it for me:)  After M left, did the prelim duties and my LU. Was busy the rest of the time, but did manage to pull the trash and spot-sweep (there was no time for a deep-clean!). Loader Nate brought in the concrete and took the trash; after HC Kay cleaned me out, returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, Millwork, and Hardware. Put up my vest; clocked out at 6:25.

Outfit:  B/W tee, l/s black tee, new dark jeggings, LJs, antique silver and pearl danglies


Day 190:

Broke down and went to ER b/c of my left knee, and called work, to let them know I might be late or not there at all.  Turns out knee is just inflamed, so I showed up at 4 and did my LU and AP4Me before heading back onto the floor (which turned out to be a GOOD decision, ha ha!)  ASM Shan, SC, and Alex, along with SM J expressed surprise, then were happy nothing was seriously wrong.  Just felt like a Mummy from the knees down....left one is wrapped, right one has compression socks. 

Shift was good; Alice and I worked well together until she left at 5, and we restocked the Coke coolers. After she left, I did the prelim duties, then restocked the rest. Shelby sent me to break at 6:30, and when I returned, was busy. Started to pull trash around 7:30, but was interrupted by a string of customers, two having clearance items which needed o/rs. Then I had a customer whose LU card wasn't activated, and had to use 3 different catds to pay for everything. They finally got everything resolved around 8:45. Rang up my remaining 3 customers and locked the doors, then pulled the trash!  Discovered my brooms were MIA, so didn't get a chance to sweep.  ASM Shan cleaned me out, then I walked her up front and returned items to Hardware and Aisle 30.  Returned as Jase was bringing in the concrete. Loader Jax took the trash, and I returned a final item to Millwork, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Palm tree sweatshirt, black l/s tee, new dark jeggings, LJs, blue sapphire hoops


Day 191:

Arrived and hopped on #2 to help with the line. Alice went to break; I did the soda count, then she was needed up front. Had ASM Charlie watch the register at 5 so I could make a pit stop....then again at 7:30.  Never did get my break. Accidentally knocked over the Sprite pack, and sold it for $1 to one of my customers.  Also printed out the QR codes I'd made at home and handed out all but 15.  Hopefully, I'll earn that GC!  Had lots of downtime, so managed to get ALL the closing duties accomplished, even using 3 Clorox wipes on the coffee station!  After HC Shan cleaned me out, walked her up front and returned items to Hardware and Aisle 10.  Came back and let in Loader A with the concrete; took my trash to the hopper, and after I closed the door, returned items to Tools and Plumbing.  Clocked out at 9:20.

Outfit:  Brown sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, copper/larimar danglies


Day 192:

Arrived and sent Alice to break.  Was slightly busy, esp when Corey M needed a phone sale, so had to invoice it, hop over to #2 and sign in, then back to #1 to bust the line asap.  Finally got everyone rang up; went back to #2; C had the customer on the phone.  Got him started, then back to #1.  Needed an o/r, so called for it, then back to #2!  HC Brit arrived to take care of #1 while we were finishing up on #2!  Then hopped back to #1.  Alice and I did a quick soda count, but she said there was no coke or Pepsi on the shelf.  She left at 5; I did the prelim duties and began sweeping. HC Brit said there was soda in receiving, so I did a proper count, and when Bella sent me to lunch at 7:15, she took it down when I returned. Pulled trash, and put away all the soda HC Britt brought down.  Mucked the mats and wiped down the coffee station. Locked the doors at 9; HC Britt cleaned me out while I took the trash to the hopper; Jace brought in the concrete; I shut the large door and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:30.

Outfit:  Red turtle, new dark jeggings, LJs, thin gold hoops

Off Fri for the Writers Roundup at the Pantheon, and Saturday!  Bella agreed to work my shift on the 24th, so I can take Mom to the hair salon.  Need to email Holly on Sun.


Day 193:  Rare Sun

Arrived to find out ASM Charlie had just been confronted by an angry customer. Took over for Marilyn and did the prelim duties, then was fairly busy for 2 hours. At 5:30, Dawson came down to give me my break, and when I returned, swept the area, did my LU, emailed Holly about the 24th, and pulled trash. Final customer left at 8:45, though after I locked the doors and ASM SW was cleaning me out, had 2 guys knocking on the door!  I took the trash down while ASM Charlie brought in the concrete, then returned items to Plumbing, Electrical, and Hardware.  Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Blue Christmas sweater, new dark jeggings, LJs, silver crosses

No comments: