Monday, January 22, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W48

 Day 200:

Arrived, feeling slightly above 'death warmed over'. Took over for Alice, did the prelim duties, and noticed my dustmop had returned, but not the dustpan, and the tiny white one was also MIA! Went ahead and swept, confident I could find SOMETHING to sweep it into. Did my AP4Me and LU. Was fairly steady between 5:30-7, then things tapered off again.  Rang up a LARGE VSP order. #1 decided to go haywire for a moment, so shut it down and rang up a customer on Pro J's while #1 rebooted, then behaved itself for the rest of the night.

Pulled trash at 8; went to break at 8:30, and found another small white dustpan to sweep up my mess into.  Returned; swept up the mess; HC Shel cleaned me out.  Had to wait for Jace to bring in the concrete and the OSB; didn't even LEAVE lumber until after 9:30. Returned items to Tools, Electrical, and Fashion Bath. Clocked out at 9:40.

Outfit:  Blue Whitehorse sweatshirt, dark jeggings, LJs,  thick silver hoops


Day 201:

Arrived feeling 50% better! The place was dead, but grabbed a dustpan off the shelf (per ASM SW's advice) and took over for Alice, who was ringing up 18 bags of busted concrete.  I hopped on #1 and rang up a few customers, then helped her with the count.  When she left, did the prelim duties and rang up more customers. Austin brought down the soda; I filled it around 7.  Pulled trash around 8, then A sent me to break.  Came back and swept the place.  Loader A brought in the concrete and took the hopper around. After HC Shel cleaned me out, I shut the large door and returned items to Electrical and Hardware. Put up the 3 extra Red Bulls and clocked out at 9:25.

Amy is taking my shift on Feb 1st:)

Loader A slapped a $10 bill down to 'rent' the new dustpan....then found his, hidden within the lumber stack!  Gave him back his $10, lol.....

Am off tomorrow, but plans to travel north were cancelled.

Outfit:  Red hooded sweater, dark jeggings, LJs, Mickey Mouse.


Day 202:

Arrived; another slow, rainy shift. Took over for Alice; did prelim duties.  Someone put an entire CASE of outside trash bags in our storage locker!  Oh happy day:)  Swept; fronted soda; rang up customers, brought in carts from the sidewalk, did my LU, and sanitized the registers.  Austin sent me to break at 8, and when I returned, pulled the trash and cleaned off the top rack of the snacks...it was FILTHY!  Locked the doors after last customer left at 9, and walked HC Shel to the front.  Returned items to Paint, Lights, Electrical, and Plumbing, then took the trash to the hopper, put up my vest, and returned one more item to Flooring.  Clocked out at 9:30.

When I arrived, there was a bit of drama playing out; our new guy in Tools apparently is dating HC S, and threatened her.  ASM Alex had to send an email to maybe Jeff or Corporate about it.

Also, due to the rain, I needed a pit stop 30 minutes into my shift.  ASM A covered it.

Outfit:  Brown gauze tee, black vest, dark jeggings, LJs, small diamond studs


Day 203:

Arrived and took over for Kem (Alice got married today!!!  She NEVER told me yesterday...) and did the prelim duties, then began sweeping.  Fronted soda, then ended up tallying it. Val sent me to break at 6:30; had a customer get 66 panels of drywall, plus 5 toilets and whatever else.  Ran it through VSP and saved him 22%:)  When I returned from lunch, finished putting away the soda; finished sweeping, then mucked the mats, sanitized the registers and counters, and pulled trash.  Final customer left at 9, and locked the doors after him.  ASM Charlie brought in the concrete; HC Shel cleaned me out.  Returned an item to Plumbing, then put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.  Val agreed to work for me on the 14th:)  Must remember to email Holly on Mon.

Pinpad died on me 3 times, pooh.  At least I didn't have a line everytime it went down!  HC Britt said to press the arrow and pound at the same time to reset it, rather than pull it apart (which was how I reset it!)

Outfit:  Maroon/Gold plaid, l/s black tee, dark jeggings, LJs, small diamond hoops

I'm off the weekend!!!!

No comments: