Monday, January 8, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y5, W46

 Day 194: 

Arrived and let Alice take her break; started the prelim duties. When she left at 5,  finished the prelim duties, did my LU and AP4Me, then Kelly sent me to lunch. Returned and swept, then mucked the mats and sanitized the registers. Gathered trash at 7:30 and wiped off the top of the soda cooler. Final customers left at 8:50, after applying for a credit app and being approved.  Walked Cam through the process of getting their 20% discount.

After Loader A brought in the concrete, HC Kay cleaned me out. Put up my vest and clocked out at 9:40. Got pissed when ASM Shan told me to come in at 5 the rest of the week.  Hopefully my funds won't be TOO affected; they had to cut 200 hours.  Bleh...

Rained heavily.

Outfit:  Gray/black leopard, black vest, new dark jeggings, LJs, silver hearts


Day 195:

Arrived and took over for Alice, then did the prelim duties Was fairly steady for 2 hours, then fronted the soda and did my LU and aisle blocker training.  Kelly sent me to break at 6:30, and when I returned, began sweeping. Pulled trash at 7:30. One of my fave customers bought every damn thing on our clearance rack, so that took some time, marking it all down 75%!  Sanitized the registers, mucked out the mats, and locked the doors at 8:55. HC Kay cleaned me out; ASM Charlie brought in the concrete and took the trash. I closed the garage door and put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:25 and went to the gas station.

Outfit:  Maroon blouse, black vest, faded jeggings, LJs, gold and diamond ovals.

Off to Lafayette tomorrow, weather permitting!!


Day 196:  

Walked into a sh*t show.  1st customer, check wouldn't go through, even after HC Shel said to run it through #3.  They finally ended up taking it to CS and it was approved.  Then, customer wanted 130 sheets of 1/2x4x12 drywall and 63 5/8x4x12 drywall.  THAT took an hour...in the meantime, another customer wanted an entire bunk of 7/16 OSB.  A third man wanted 100 sheets of 1/2x4x8 drywall....but he wanted delivery, THANK GOD! Then when I went to ring up the guy with the OSB, something happened and I ended up having to rescan everything....then realized after running it through VSP, I'd forgotten the OSB!  So gave him 10% off the entire thing, which was the same rate as his VSP for the other stuff.  I humbly apologized and said I was way off my game tonight.  After they got him loaded, another customer wanted 70 rolls of blown-in insulation.  Loader A and I were both wishing at that point we'd called in!  I finally started the closing duties at 8pm....and had HC Kay cover me while I took a pit stop.  Swept and did my LU, and pulled trash at 8:30, but that's all.  Didn't sanitize or muck the mats.  After Loader A brought in the concrete, I locked the doors. HC Shel cleaned me out, and I returned items to Electrical and Aisle 10, then put up my vest. Clocked out at 9:35.

Went to karaoke to see if my voice was back, and it is, about 90%. Still slightly scratchy in the low tones.  Randy B and Nanette showed up; there were only 3 singers, so in an hour, I sang 6 songs!  Came home to a grouchy spouse.

Outfit:  Bless This Mess sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, sea horses


Day 197:

Arrived to a slow day; constant rain. Did the prelim duties, then straightened up the Clearance rack.  One of my favorite female realtors came in and bought a LOT of the cover plates, pissing off the customer behind her, as I knocked 75% off nearly 30 items. Everyone else was patient; the ironic thing was, when he got fed up and left, I only had 5 more items to knock down!  Oh well....

Started feeling strange around 7, but attributed it to being hungry. HC Shel sent me to break at 7:15, but during my break, began dry heaving as I finished my lunchable.  Went back to work, but then nausea hit me around 7:50, and had to send a customer to get someone for me, as I was afraid to stand up and use the phone; I was vomiting into the trash can. HC Shel sent me home, where I continued to be sick for the next 24 hours.  Lovely.  Had to call in Sat, due to not being able to be vertical longer than 30 minutes at a time.

Outfit:  Gray sweater, faded jeggings, LJs, light blue studs


Day 198:  Rare Sun (4 degrees!)

Arrived; everyone was happy to see me! Took over for HC Shel, and was slightly busy for a few mins, then did the prelim duties, and began sweeping.  Around 4:30, I realized I was overdoing it, and sat down for a while, ringing up customers as needed.  Did my LU. Swept when I felt better. HC Shel sent me break at 7, and when I returned, joked with ASM Charlie about him bringing in the trash.  ASM A was with him and said, "Isn't that a Molly Job?"  Charlie agreed; I stuck my tongue out at him! Put on my fleece coat and fingerless gloves and pulled it, plus brought in two carts.  After locking the doors at 9, ASM Charlie brought in the concrete and declared, "It's officially cold enough to freeze grease!"  He had no brakes, power steering, or controls, and blew a lot of smoke as he brought in both pallets.

We also couldn't do propane exchanges, b/c the lock was frozen.

Once I'd closed the large door again, returned items to Tools, Electrical, Flooring, and Hardware. Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Dark gray IN sweatshirt, faded jeggings, LJs, dark blue studs


No comments: