Monday, March 4, 2024

Life In Lumber: Y6, W2

 Day 3: mid 70s

Arrived and took over for Kem. In between customers, worked on the closing duties. Had an irritating thing happen; customer arrived with paneling and announced ASM SW had authorized the price match. However, HC Shel refused to honor it, since S was in the manager's meeting, and by the time I made contact with him via Messenger, he'd already left. I even flagged down new ASM Shan, but she refused, saying it was SW's responsibility.  So now we had an irate customer, who even contacted the other store's manager, but HC Shel refused.  Customer paid for drinks and left. I finally got the prelim duties done by 5 and started on the soda count. Had it finished by 6:15, when Austin sent me to my break. Came back and things had slowed, so did my AP4Me and LU, then was busy again. Didn't have time to sweep or sanitize; Austin brought the soda down, so in between customers, I was stocking the coolers. Also pulled trash. Finished stocking the coolers at 8:30 and finished pulling the trash. Locked the doors at 9 when HC Shel cleaned me out, then waited for ASM Charlie to bring the hopper.  Tossed in the trash; ASM Ian brought in the concrete. Closed the door and returned items to Plumbing and Millwork, then put up my vest, cleaned out the carafe, took a pit stop, and returned items to Hardware. Took the paperwork to CS, then set my purse and water on the counter and returned the carafe to Lumber. Clocked out at 9:25.  District is due in the morning.

Outfit:  Beige sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, silver sea horses


Day 4: Rain, mid-60s

Arrived to find K discounting yesterday's paneling one at a time. Apologized to customer for not trying to do that yesterday. Took over for her and was busy for 2 hours, then did the prelim duties and fronted the soda. Was told my break would be at 7, but by 7:15 I needed a pit stop, so ASM Charlie watched the register,  I no sooner returned then HC Shel arrived. Afterward, I pulled trash and sanitized the registers and coffee bar.  Locked the doors at 9, and after ASM Charlie brought in the concrete, took the trash to the hopper and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:30.

District didn't show up.

Outfit:  Black/gray LS tee, new faded jeggings, silver and turquoise danglies

Off tomorrow to take Mom to pick up her glasses!


Day 5:  Cloudy; mid 50s

Arrived and spotted a dustpan!  Confiscated it and took over for K. Was busy for 2 hours, then did the prelim duties, then began sweeping.  At 7:30, Madi arrived to relieve me, then asked if I'd done the soda count. So I quickly did #2's coolers, then turned it over to her. Had an enjoyable lunch, then returned and did my LU, then began mucking the mats. HC Britt brought the soda; I put it away. Final customer left at 9. Locked the doors; Loader Charlie brought in the concrete and took my trash to the hopper as HC Britt cleaned me out. Returned an item to Aisle 10, then put up my vest and took the extra soda (Madi didn't realize the Coke cooler only held 4 per row, not 5) back, then took our busted Spider stool and a box of busted primer to RTM. 

K had told me before she left that she was scheduled to leave at 12:30 the next day; I wasn't scheduled until 5. Brought it to ASM SC's attention, and he okayed me to come in at 12:30 tomorrow.  Whoot!  More hours!  Clocked out at 9:40.

Outfit:  Black/white new sweater, new faded jeggings, black vest, silver stars


Day 6:  Rain, 50s

Arrived at 12:30 to a) discover my appearance was a shock and b) everyone was in a tizzy over the 75% clearance items!  Also heard several customers ask me, "what are you doing here so early?"  LOL...took my 1st break at 2:30, since Alice's was at 3. Ate a lunchable, since I was hungry, and D had dropped off 8 more. Returned and Alice mildly ticked me off by asking how long I'd been gone.  *eye roll*  She claimed she was bored....when she was gone, I fronted the soda, brought in the carts, and straightened the papers on the coolers.

She left at 5, so I started the prelim duties, only to be told by HC Shel to go take my lunch.  Spent the 1st 20 minutes shopping and taking the items to my car. When I returned an hour later, did the prelim duties and started sweeping. HC Britt sent me to my 2nd break at 7:15, and when I returned, sanitized the registers and coffee bar, and pulled trash.  Final customer left at 9; locked the doors. Loader Charlie brought in the concrete and the final carts; I closed the garage door.  After HC Britt cleaned me out, took the trash to the hopper, returned an item to Plumbing, and put up my vest.  Clocked out at 9:35.

HC Shel ticked me off after lunch:  1) she wasn't going to honor the 75% for everything, then I talked her into it; 2) she had refused to let one of my customers use his Pro card, b/c he didn't have his ID on him, therefore robbing him of his 5% off.

SM Jeff told me he approved my time off for the NYC trip!  Whoot!

Found out Keri in Fulfillment is taking over ASM Shan's DS spot, while HC Shel is taking Keri's old Fulfillment Lead slot.  We also trained a new HC, Shelby R.

Outfit:  Palm tree sweatshirt, new faded jeggings, diamond studs


Day 7: Rare Sat Cloudy, 40s.

Arrived and took over for Austin; was fairly busy for 2 hours. Did my LU and the prelim duties, then began sweeping. One customer ticked me off:  Asked for some foam board; I told him aisle 49.  He asked if someone could get one for him; I stated they were fairly light, and in aisle 49.  He asked again if someone was available to help him; I told him Jax was on his lunch break, but I would try to find someone.  Fortunately, Jared walked in with carts, so I flagged him down and had HIM take the customer back to aisle 49.  A few moments later, the customer arrived, carrying his one board.  I refrained from making a snarky comment!  HC Britt sent me to break at 8:30, and I ate 3 slices of pizza, then took two more with me back to Lumber.  Things slowed waaaaay down; only had 2 customers between 9-10.  Did the soda count; mucked the mats; sanitized the registers, counters, and coffee bar; put away the soda. Jeffrey brought in the concrete and took my trash to the hopper; I locked the doors and returned items to Tools, Plumbing, Appliances, and Seasonal. Clocked out at 10:50.

Outfit:  Mama Bear sweatshirt, new dark jeggings, small gold hoops


Day 8:  Rare Sun Mid 40s

Arrived to discover I wasn't supposed to be there until 5, but clocked in anyway, which turned out to be a good thing, b/c Lunber was slammed.  Marilyn left at 5 and things calmed down a little.  Did my LU and the prelim duties, swept the area, and fronted all the soda. Learned our HC went home sick, so Matt was in her shoes. At 7, I asked one of the other associates to watch my register while I took a pit stop, then continued to ring up customers. Pulled trash at 7:30, and locked the doors at 8 after the last customer. While I waited for Conrad to come down, had to shoo away a customer who didn't know we closed at 8!  HC Shelby R cleaned me out, then Conrad brought in the concrete. Waited until Barry was finished bringing in all the carts, then closed the garage door and put up my vest. Clocked out at 8:30.

Outfit:  Hot cocoa sweater, new dark jeggings, gold studs

No comments: