Monday, August 31, 2026

From The Stupid Files: Y8, W27

Day 127: Hot, high 90s; 69 t/a
ASM:  Charlie
HC:  Kaitlyn
Loaders:  DS Chad, DS Ian
1) Did a return, but the slip didn't print. Gave back $97 in cash; rang up and collected $95.  Will find out tomorrow if I get a phone call about it....

2) Am now in an open-toe boot; need to call Sedgewick in the morning, bleh...

3) Customer was loading 80 pickets; Cart staff wondered if something hinky was going on.  Went out and told them I knew the code; no need to haul it all inside.

4) New rule:  No shift-swapping????

5)  Saw Austin (Will's friend).

6)  Found out there were 6 lawnmowers involved in yesterday's crash.  Driver claimed they lost their steering, and wasn't insured.  Not sure if mowers will be repaired or scrapped.

7)  May just have to call in late on Saturday......
Outfit:  Blue MVP LU tee, 2 button cut off capris, zircon hoops

Off the next two days:)


Day 128: Hot, 101; 64 t/a
ASM:  Shannon
HC:  Lisa
Loaders:  Jax, DS Chad
1) Helped Pro Kath with her sales; probably had closer to 80 t/a.
2) Customer left his credit card at #1; tried to call anyone up front, since he was heading that way to park his scooter, but no one answered.  Put it in envelope with his name on it.
3) Pro customer Ray acted entitled; had Steve and Shannon running around trying to find his order and print out the loading ticket.
4) Final customer was at 9pm.
Outfit:  Blue USA tee, 2 button capris, small textured gold hoops


Day 129:  Hot, 100; 51 t/a
ASM:  Shannon
HC:  Lisa
Loaders:  Jax, Sam
1) Was very slow 5-7.
2) Q left her wallet in the bathroom; Customer brought it to my attention; returned it to her.
3) Very busy 7:30-8:15!
4) Customer asked if I could look up LU card. Stopped scanning and totaled it out, to get them started on the text message.  CHILD asked if I'd rung everything up yet.  "I'll resume once your parents have all the info."  MOM:  'Oh, we have military. Do we do that now or later?"  "I'll get to it after I finish ringing everything up."  Geez people....let me do my damn job first??
5) Final customer was at 8:45.
Outfit:  Yellow Fla tee, 2 button capris, sea horses.
Told Shannon I was going to be 2 hours late tomorrow.


Day 130: Rare Sat Labor Day Weekend Hot, 100s; 54 t/a
ASM: Shannpn
HC:  Lisa
Loader:  Jax
1) Was 2 hours and 20 mins late to work, due to leaving my phone in Mom's room.
2) Asked customer if had rewards; she flashed her MLRC, then ran it before I was ready. Told her to run it again; she used her OLD LCC.  *eye roll*
3) Keri didn't speak to me when I came in.
4) Thought Shannon was going to say something, but she only asked me to push surveys!
5) Customer's military discount fell off during transaction; not sure why???
6) Customer kept trying card; it kept declining; finally charged $100 on it and $1K on another card. She dug $350 out of her purse, and the person with her went to the car and returned with another $101.
Outfit:  Blue floral tee, 2 button capris, thin gold hoops


Day 131: Rare Sun Labor Day Weekend cooler, high 80s; 91 t/a
ASM:  Charlie
HC:  Sarah
Loader: Sam
1) Had 2 customers at close
2) Fairly normal shift!
Outfit:  Black square neck blouse, 2 button capris, gold cross necklace, small zircon hoops

No comments: