Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kevin Made Me Do It...

Okay, I'll admit it. I goofed off yesterday. And no, no one 'made me' do anything (see previous post, lol!). I CHOSE to keep my FaceBook home page loaded, waiting anxiously for the next post.

You see, one of my old neighbors/friends decided he had too much time on his hands, so hey, let's run a music lyric contest and see how many people he can get to enter his contest! And since I love music, I was instantly drawn in. And had to consult YouTube a couple of times, because some of them were HARD! But I only 'cheated' when everyone else was stumped too. And only entered once, but 'fessed up about where I found it.

Here are the lyrics he posted:

...(one) nothing wrong with me, (two) nothing wrong with me, (three) nothing wrong with me, (four) nothing wrong with me...."
(Drowning Pool: Bodies Hit the Floor-via YouTube)

..."took my chances on a big jet plane; never let 'em tell ya that they're all the same....Oh, the sea was red and the sky was gray...."
(Led Zepplin: Going To California)
(I got this off YouTube as well and got myself disqualified for the next two rounds, ha ha!)

"...Brenda and Eddie were the popular steadies and the king and the queen at the prom...."
(Billy Joel: Italian Restaurant)

........"the angel opens her eyes, the confusion sets in, before the doctor can even close the door...."
(Live: Lightening Crashes) I knew this one, but was still dq'd....

........"this loud cuban band is crucifying John Lennon. No one wants to be lonely, no one wants to sing the blues......"
(John Couger Mellancamp: Key West Intermezz0)

..."you dont have to watch dynasty, to have an attitude....."
(Prince: Kiss) I knew this one also, but had gone to pick up W from school.

...."going home late last night. suddenly I got a fright..."
(Black Sabbath: Fairies Wear Boots) Got this one from YouTube too. Someone chimed in with the title, but guessed Ozzy. Don't know if K granted him the prize or not!

Yes, I had a lot of fun razzing K about his choice of lyrics, and whether or not I should be allowed to get at least the consolation 'prize' for Lightening Crashes...I jokingly tried to play the old-neighbor-defender-of-his-phone-number-in-the-seventh-grade-card...but as the whole point was to get people talking to each other and tossing one-liner cracks back and forth, a good time was had by all who participated!

But today, there's no excuses. I simply must get to work today! So I'm resisting temptation and getting offline as soon as I post this. Okay...I'll check in with my friends first. But 11:00 (I was going to say 10, but it's only 9:59!), I'm bringing up a wip and will work on it steadily for an hour before I eat lunch!

And Kevin? Thanks for an enjoyable day...even if I didn't get any work accomplished!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooohhhh, that must have been lots of fun. I would have gotten a few of the hard rock ones right away! lol But I would've cheated on a few of the others. :)

Molly Daniels said...

LOL...he wrote me on FB and awarded me the consolation prize! I KNEW the phone-number-defender issue would do the trick:)

Mia Watts said...

LOL!