Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hectic Day Ahead

Not much time today, so I'm keeping this brief (sounds of cheering from around the globe, ha ha!).

Seriously, it's nearly 9:30am and I'm still not dressed. Why is this an issue? I also have to go to the grocery, dig through a box in my bedroom, and possibly raid the storage unit. And get it done before 5:00 tonight.

Why?

Because Friday night is Senior Night. And I received a phone call from the president of our Parent's Group saying my presence is needed tonight in the school cafeteria, in order to decorate my child's poster. Pictures, drawings, sayings...anything goes. Oh, and the more embarassing for the senior, the better!

Problem is, most of K's past sports pics are all in storage. But thankfully, his mommie is a big fan of getting picture doubles, so if I've given any away, there's a chance the MIL has a copy stashed somewhere. All I have to do is find it.

So there will be no writing, no reading, only frantic searching for any pictures of my 17-yr-old that would be considered embarrasing for him, yet tastefully depicting his growing up years. And since his mommie is also artistically challenged when it comes to any craft project not associated with a keyboard, stencils (okay; sometimes I've even messed these up!), or a paintbrush, I'm enlisting my daughter. She can at least draw a straight line!

Big Favor:
Travis has comments on his blog this morning! Please go to http://jtravisgrundon.blogspot.com and a) Give him a hearty blogger welcome and b) Wish the man a Happy Birthday?

Also, a big Happy Birthday to my sis! If you're a friend of mine on Facebook, go to my wall and send her birthday greetings as well:)

Have a good day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun! :)

Regina Carlysle said...

Ooooh crafty stuff! I still have leftover craft things tucked away in a closet somewhere from when my kids were in school. I suck at it but actually enjoyed it once I got revved up and going. Have FUN!