Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

Currently Reading: Still on Runaway Jury. Ooooh, it's getting juicy as the trial enters the 4th week! (Rubbing hands together in glee) I'm up to Ch 24:)


If you'll remember, yesterday was The Great Picture Roundup around here.

-Plan A (box of picture doubles/negatives-remember those??- in bedroom) revealed mostly pics of the 'new baby' and faraway shots of my now-17-yr old.

-Plan B (MIL's box in utility room) revealed some cute pics, but only used two.

-Plan C (crate in storage unit) unveiled a treasure trove of memories. Me, six months pregnant with him (did not use, never fear!); old football, baseball, and basketball pictures; receiving his Arrow of Light award; other BSA pics; class trip to Connor Prarie; practicing his baritone; Funny Hair day (he had me shave his head in a criss-cross pattern one year, and dyed his blonde head red the next); posing with his Honor Roll certificate; the MIL's retirement picture, with a bunch of curly paper taped to his head.

The Parent's Group prez had very thoughtfully provided an envelope with the letters of each boys' names already cut out, and three pictures of our darlings on the field. Since mine has hardly seen any field time, there was a rather blurry shot of him running onto the field, sandwiched between two other players. I carefully cut around him (I am rather proficient with a pair of scissors, lol!) and glued it to the top. I had not taken my camera, so if I am able to get a picture of it, I'll post it. Some of the moms used scrapbook fabric; my daughter and I arrived equipped with scissors, glue sticks (okay, so I had to go buy them!), and markers. A set of glue sticks at Walmart was $1.42; a package of six was $2.22. I chose the six-pack, which two other moms were very grateful!

Today's To-Do List:
-Laundry
-Writing (geez, it's been an entire week!)
-Staying dry

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to find the pictures you needed! Have fun writing.

Anonymous said...

It occurs to me that you are very project oriented. It's like a production each time you come upon something you need to get done. Aren't you exhausted?

Anonymous said...

LOL...I never thought of it that way, Kell:) And yes, slightly exhausted. Usually the DH picks up the slack in the mornings with taking the kids to school, but not this year. He HAS been doing the afternoon shift, so that leaves more writing time:) But soemtimes there's just not enough hours in the day.

Me too, Amber. I was disappointed I couldn't find the picture of when his leg was in a cast, or the 6-month shot of him in the bucket (wearing only diaper and outside the bucket was a rubber duck and baby powder), but I was happy reliving memories and the ones we included on the poster.

Molly