Friday, October 16, 2009

Success!

Currently Reading: Still on The Love Killers. I gotta say, not JC's best work (I'm having zero problems putting it down). Thank God she kept going!

Word Count: 700. Better; I need to stay off of Facebook more...


I think I may have finally pulled out of my creative slump. The first half of B's Ch 6 rewrite is off to be reviewed by a friend, concerning the male POV. I thought of scrapping his POV entirely for Chapter 6, but thought it would 'interrupt' the flow and rhythmn of the story. After all, Chs 1-5 all start with his, so why suddenly cut him off? I'll finish this scene and toss it back to N's POV. Maybe the words will come again. Right now I think our 40 degree weather is keeping them in storage.

Weekend Plans
Our last football game of the regular season is tonight, and we have to travel thirty minutes south. A new Menards opened up a year ago, so I predict we'll have to leave an hour sooner so the spouse can wander around it. Don't know if dinner will be on the road or if I'll make an early meal and we'll snack on the leftovers when we return.

There's also a slight possibility for an improvement for K's status on the team. Since I don't want to 'jinx' it, I'll let you know tomorrow if it happens. The kid's only 90% positive, but given the fickleness of the coaching staff, I'll believe it when I see it.

Saturday, I have a signing at our Fall Festival. I received my parking pass in the mail yesterday, and this afternoon I need to check my tablecloth and wash it; check my inventory; load the van after the game. It's only a 15-minute drive in the morning, but since the thing starts at 9am, I want to leave the house by 7:30, which means no sleeping in. I'll also be digging out my travel coffee mug, to drink my 2nd cup on the way. I can always go to bed early after the festival!

I probably won't post tomorrow, so have a great weekend and I'll tell you all about the signing on Monday:)

2 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Oooh. Have fun at the signing!

Unknown said...

Have lots of fun at the signing! And good luck to the football team.