Tuesday, October 6, 2009

'News' Worthy? I Think Not...

Currently Reading: Still on Runaway Jury; I'm on Ch. 11. I also recieved in the mail a copy of Marianne Stephens' Second Sight Dating, which I won in her September Newsletter contest:) Looking forward to reading it next, and taking it on 'tour' with me. Spouse saw it and wondered if I'd signed up for a dating service, lol!

Word Count yesterday: Zero. The late start, plus the mountain of laundry and making backup discs took most of my time. And ran out of the CD-RW discs...darn the 15 CD PC Recovery discs at the bottom of the pile! But was able to get Class Reuinon saved, and Teacher's Pet was among the existing backup discs. Now to convince the spouse I need another package....


Okay; Letterman comes clean and now they're investigating whether or not there was any harrassment involved? Give me a break! What is this, a slow news week?

Other 'top stories' include Jon and Kate's fight over money. Who Cares? Give them their privacy for the kids' sake? And Jon...stay off the Insider...

Anti-aging Products. Face it ladies; ultimately gravity and genetics are going to win.

Thank God for the comic relief of Dave Price 'No Way Home' and my ability to change the channel or turn it off completely. Otherwise the H1N1 virus/vaccines issues would drive me nuts!

Reality TV:
I'm watching 'Next Iron Chef'; last year, I only caught the last few episodes. One of the chefs, 'Apple-something' not only broke the mixer, but had issues with the pasta roller. Slow down; Alton may kick you out for destroying the kitchen utensils! One of their challenges last night was to create dishes using some pretty strange items: Grasshoppers, jellyfish, chicken feet, cock's combs, unlaid eggs, stinky tofu, sea cucumber, eel, and 2 other items escaping my memory. The chef who got the ax was the one who hadn't a clue what to do with the grasshoppers. He used them mainly as a garnish, instead of an ingrediant. Didn't he ever watch 'Bizarre Foods'?

Woo Hoo!
My friend and fellow author Travis (Newly pubbed book Anthology of the Living Dead, available on Amazon.com) has finally joined blogger! Check him out at http://jtravisgrundon.blogspot.com/ I'll get him linked as soon as I post this. Welcome to Blogger, Trav, and wishing you an early Happy Birthday! Tomorrow, everyone visit him and wish him Happy Birthday? Let's give him a huge Blogger Welcome!

And while I'm thinking about it, check out Amber Skyze, Ashley Ladd, Regina Carlysle, Bronwyn Green, and Brynn Paulin. Amber has some good news to share; if you missed it, scroll down once you're there. Ash is interviewing author Linda Kage; Reg always has interesting things to say; Bron has Ren Fair pics; and Brynn is finally blogging again! See her take on the Life of a Romance Author.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the props! I must say if I hear anymore about Jon and Kate I might rip my hair out. And Letterman, if it was harrassment we would have heard that first. Anything for a story.

Kenzie Michaels said...

Ummm Mol? Travis' blog is http://jtravisgrundon.blogspot.com. You left out his 'J'. Check your spelling next time!

Kenzie Michaels said...

Oh, and apparently he's not allowing comments! Grrrr...send him an email!

Molly Daniels said...

There, I fixed it. Are ya happy now Kenzie? And he's looking into the comment thing.

That's true, Amber. I'd not thought of that.

Linda Kage said...

I'm thinking Jon needs to stay off the babysitter too! Hee hee, snort snort. But yeah, it must be a slow news week.

Thanks for mentioning my name on your blog. I feel like such a star.