Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Flashback: Vacation

Currently Reading: Three Recommended Reads! Stone and Fire by Cindy Spencer Pape, Out Of Her Dreams by Fran Lee, and Two Plus One by Brynn Paulin:) I'm now rereading Lisabet Sarai's Incognito. She mentioned a scene in that book that I'd totally forgotten, and need to refresh my memory. Book-buying will resume on Monday, with Flavors of Ecstasy by Ms Pape et al.


1970:
I can only remember sketchy details, but over the weekend Mom confirmed my memory. We drove to Gatlinburgh, TN and met my grandparents. They always stayed in the same Holiday Inn year after year, and after a day of happily splashing in the pool, I went to bed in my trundle bed, with Mom and Dad in the bigger bed.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning to find Grandma and Grandpa in that bed! Either my parents had morphed into my grandparents, or aliens had replaced them during the night, or I had somehow slept-walked during the night and ended up in the other room.

Nope; Mom and Dad had gotten word the house we'd looked at was ours, and they rushed back to Indiana to start packing, so we could move by the end of the month.

It's Official:
Kenzie's a Twit. After two emails from people wanting to follow me on Twitter, I caved. Don't know how much time I'll actually spend over there, but we'll see! To become a follower, search for KenzieMichaels. I think it's www.twitter.com/kenziemichaels. Again, no promises on how many updates I'll post!

Happy Friday!
No word when the grandkids are heading home. They want to stay another week, but we'll see how my stress level behaves.

2 comments:

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Thanks so much, Molly! And what a fun memory to share!

Molly Daniels said...

You're welcome Cindy:) I do enjoy your books!