Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot Weekend!

Currently Reading: Decided to read Sandra Cox's Grounded first, instead of the EC Caveman stories! I'm up to Ch 10 and LOVING it! Sorry Sandra; I figured out a plot twist in Ch 9...but am still stumped on the villain's identity...Recommended Read:)


My camera died last week, and Travis hasn't uploaded any pictures yet, so can't show you my booth over the weekend. Temps were in the 90's; it was hot, sticky, and only the occasional breeze brought relief. I also drank lots of sweet tea, in order to stay hydrated.

The Farmer's Market want me back next weekend:) I managed to sell three books; two Molly and one Kenzie:) And only one Molly book at the Wine and Art Festival...did I mention it was hot? One of the wineries van broke down, so they didn't make it; one winery had a prior commitment; a third was a no-show. In BC Brown's words, we 'felt like ping-pong balls, bouncing back and forth between the two wineries.' No free wine for either of us this year, darn it...but did decide on one or two new favorites to push next year. I liked the Soft Velvet from Windy Knoll and Blue Moon from Best. BC ended up buying the Blackberry from WK; I liked it, but wanted to save my cash. Maybe she'll bring it over next time she visits? Hint, hint, hint....

So Maybe I Should Have Bought Stock In Amazon or Sony...
I had my Sony Pocket E-Reader on display, and I was surprised at how many men picked it up and played with it! I wonder if sales at Walmart spiked over the weekend, or at Amazon...

On the top shelf of the drying rack, I had Sandra Cox's Akasha, Jamie Carie's Love's First Light, Carol Preflatish's Masters and Disasters of Cooking, and my 'Coming Soon' Teacher's Pet flyer. Several kids leafed through Sandra's book; several people stopped to talk about Jamie's books; Half of Carol's business cards walked off with new owners who liked the concept of her cookbook; only one person commented on my cover.

The second shelf held The Anthology of the Living Dead by J Travis Grundon, et al; Dancer's Delight by Anny Cook; and Marriage Proposal by Kelly Kirch. One aspiring writer leafed through Trav's antho; one person commented on Anny's cover; I talked to two women about Kelly's Regencies.

The bottom shelf didn't get much attention. I may move those three books up higher next week. I had Phyllis Campbell's Holding Out For A Hero; Marianne Steven's Second Sight Dating; and the Bound Brits antho. Ladies, I'll get you some attention next weekend:) And I may angle the display, so I can utilize both sides....

Inspiration Continues!
I self-edited Ch 2 of Wild At Heart on Sunday, and woke up this morning 'knowing' how to fix my POV issues in Ch 3. So we'll see if it actually works:) I'll update you on Wednesday.

Have a good day; according to the forecast, we were supposed to be getting hammered with rain by now. Nope; there's cloud cover, but no storms yet. Good; I can stay online a little longer:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Send that hot humid weather my way. I've been dealing with rain for way too long.

Congrats on the sales. :)

Carol Preflatish said...

Thanks for the marketing help, but yes you should definitely rotate those flyers so everyone gets a chance to be on the top.

Regina Carlysle said...

HA. You were quite the little promo queen sounds like! Good for you. Looks to me like you had a pretty good time. Sorry you didn't get any free wine though.