Thursday, March 29, 2012

"While You Were Away...."

Did I turn into Rip Van Winkle?  Did I suddenly become the unconscious person in While You Were Sleeping?

I actually began reading blogs again this week and commenting.  And suddenly the word verifications are driving me batty.

What happened to the simple string of green letters, which occasionally crack me up with their strange spellings of possible words?  Now you have to type these obscure black letters and determine if that's an 'r' paired with an 'm', or an 'a' next to the 'y'....

I get it that you want us to 'make sure we're a real person'.  But for god's sake, I'm already signed it!  And sometimes I'll type in what seems like to be an easy one...'like', only to be told 'incorrect.'  WTH?

I get it; blogger wants to make sure I'm a 'real person', not someone looking to type a spam message into someone's comment section.  But give me a break!  If they get too complicated, I'm going to stop commenting and simply leave my message either under their face book post, or shoot them an email.  All this 'tweaking' is giving me a headache.

Reading Update:
Forget what I said about the basketball book yesterday.  Tried to read it, and enjoyed a chapter here, a chapter there....and then skipped to the end.  Now I'm reading Coming of Age...Again by Carol Mizrahi


I'm about halfway through it, and I'm telling you....this one is hard to put down!  It's about women who have been friends since kindergarten and how their lives change, but friendships remain.  Very enjoyable and a Definite Recommended Read:)


Come back tomorrow as I travel back ten years to March 2002:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't stand commenting on blogger anymore. It drives me crazy! :)

Linda Kage said...

Word verifications drive me BATTY!!!

Molly Daniels said...

Since the dashboard changed, I hardly ever check the 'blogs I'm following' updates....I either look for the links on FB or if I'm bored, I'll start going down my list:)